Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Wednesday's Letters

Happy Wednesday Y'all! 

Today I'm writing a few "letters" to some of the stuff in my life at the moment.

Image result for Dear Fill in the blank

Dear Adorable, You're how I'd describe these memory producing pictures that popped up through "On this Day" on Facebook earlier this week. Simply, adorable... 



Dear Broccoli Cheese Soup, I made you last week and was very happy with how you turned out. I used THIS recipe, but tweaked it a bit based on ingredients I had here. I used skim milk instead of whole milk. I didn't use carrots because that seemed weird. And I added garlic powder and a splash or two of worcestershire, which wasn't in the original recipe. I think both of those added to the flavor. And even after serving it to my 3 guests, I still had leftovers, so into the freezer it went for another dinner for me later on. 


Dear Senegalese Appreciation Week, You're what my school celebrated last week. It was week full of tasty food, friends, dressing up, fun events, and lots of red yellow and green. My crew loved it!



Dear Working a Lot, You're what I'm doing these days. I usually leave my house around 6:30 am. And I rarely leave work before 5:30 at night. Last night, I helped with an after school club 'til 4:30. Then I did work in between that and a meeting I had in the evening. So I didn't leave 'til a little after 7. I don't have a free period during the day. So I have to do all of my prep work either before or after school. Plus, I'm always working ahead, creating curriculum/materials from scratch, always planning for the future of this class, whether it be this school year or in the years to come. 

Dear Fun Painting Activity, You're what my crew did as part of our Science project last week.  I loved it because 1) it wasn't messy like paint usually is and 2) my kids loved it so much. A former co-worker shared this activity on Facebook a while back, since she'd done it with her students and I thought it'd be fun for my crew. 


Dear Hot and Humid, You seem to be a common description of how it feels right now in Dakar. Some people jokingly call October   Hot-tober. And it's such a fitting name. October is the hottest month in Dakar, and sometimes feels almost unbearable. It's so hot!

Dear Laugh, You're what I did after seeing the meme below shared on Facebook the other day. 


Image may contain: text

Dear Smoothies, You're my favorite on-the-go breakfast. Thanks for being quick and easy to make, and for being fairly inexpensive too. It's easy to be creative when making you too. There are so many options!

Dear Teranga, You were the theme word for a blog post I wrote the other day. If anyone missed it and would like to read it, click HERE.


Image result for attaya senegal

Dear This Crew, Who are the main ones who make my life so very enjoyable? Who makes me thank the Lord daily for the privilege and honor of working with them? Who are smart and funny and an incredible group of students? Yep, that's right. It's this crew pictured below.


Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing

Dear University Who Shall Remain Nameless, While I do read your multiple emails each week telling me all your school hast to offer me in potentially furthering my education, until you 1) give me a scholarship or 2) find a way to make your tuition MUCH MUCH cheaper, I just cannot do it. I would love to. I really, honestly would. But, you are much to expensive for me. So, I kind of wish you wouldn't email me 2 or 3 times every single week. Just saying...

And lastly...

Dear God, Thanks for having someone share exactly what I need to hear exactly when I need to hear it. Now, please help my stubborn heart and mind actually do what I know I need to do. There are some major things that have been playing with my heart and mind, especially at night when I need to be sleeping. And I'll pray about them. I'll say I'm turning them over to you. But it's hard. So hard... At any rate, ironically, I woke up at 3 a.m. today with this very topic on my mind. Then one of my co-workers led our staff devotions on it this morning before school. Wow, talk about God's timing! :)

The Little Letter Link Up | tazandbelly.com
Today I'm joining Kristin over at Taz and Belly for her monthly Little Letter link-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment