Monday, December 4, 2017

My Grown Up Christmas List

Happy Monday Y'all!

Today I'm joining Victoria, Emily, and Sarah for their The Most Wonderful Time of the Year link-up, where we're sharing our Christmas Wish List.

 photo christmaslinkupgraphic_zpsmmje3vrc.jpg

So, what's on my Christmas Wish List?

~ one ~

The #1 item on my Christmas Wish List is to raise my missions budget. I still need $390 in monthly commitments and $3890 in cash donations to be fully funded. I love that God has called me to Senegal and has blessed me with the privilege to teach such an incredibly amazing group of kids. 

Want to know more info on how you can financially partner with me to raise my budget and get the #1 item on my Christmas Wish List? Click HERE.

~ two ~ 

Past that, I'd probably say books would be fairly high on my list. The 4 (5, if you count the study guide that goes along with one of them) are at the top of my list at the moment...


Sisters First by Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Pierce Bush

Mustard Seed by Laila Ibrahim

The Silver Music Box by Mina Baites

Uninvited (book and study guide) by Lysa Terkeurst

~ three ~

Since I'm in Senegal and don't have access to all the yummy comforts of home, I'd probably also add a few food items to my Christmas Wish List. Things like...

* ranch seasoning * taco seasoning * dill weed * peanut butter * yellow mustard * white chocolate Reeses * candy canes * flavored water mixes (not grape though) * pepperoni * spam packets * tuna packets * chicken packets * canned turnip greens * dessert mixes * strawberry cake & strawberry frosting * muffin mixes * hershey's kisses with almonds * almonds * pistachios * peppermints * twizzlers * hot chocolate mixes * 

And yes, to anyone local reading this... You can purchase some of these items at the American Food Stores here. But oh my word are they expensive and not something I can justify splurging on due to their high costs and other things being far more important.

~ four ~

And if I'm being 100% honest, I would love nothing more than a free flight home to Alabama for Christmas. I'd have about 10 days to be at home from the time school gets out here 'til I have to leave for our AG Conference in South Africa. But I just could not afford a trip this year. Oh what I'd give to be able to see my family... 

And yes, I'm grateful to be going to that conference. I'm grateful to be here doing what God has called me to do. I'm even grateful for time to catch up on sleep and work. But y'all... I can't explain how much it hurts to know I won't be with family for Christmas this year. I honestly feel sometimes as if my heart's breaking from the sadness of this. I can't lie. This is tough. So very tough...

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get all of these, but most of all, I hope you get to go home for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not happening BUT I'm looking forward to Christmas in June :)

      Delete