Tuesday, November 28, 2017

#givingtuesday

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Image may contain: text

 Did you know that today is known as Giving Tuesday in many parts of the world?

It's a day when people can give to help charities and organizations.

So today, on this #givingtuesday, I write with an idea of how you can partner with me by giving of your finances. By doing so, you'd be helping me fulfill the call God's placed on my life to further His Kingdom through the education of incredible children.

A couple weeks ago, I sent out my usual missions newsletter and I also added in a prayer request with a rather urgent financial need.

 Since then I've received quite a few questions. And while I've answered them, I thought I'd share a bit here about what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, and how you can help.

What do you do?

I'm a Missionary Associate with the Assemblies of God. I am blessed enough to do a job I'm passionate about. I have the privilege and honor of being a missionary AND a teacher. I teach Special Education at Dakar Academy, an international Christian school in Dakar, Senegal, West Africa.

Why do you do it?

Simple answer... God called me here. And I so love what I do!

How does your support raising work?

I have a specific amount of money I must raise for the A/G to approve me staying on the field. So I must raise the required amount of monthly commitments and one-time cash donations before they give me that approval. Because I'm a teacher, it makes it a bit difficult to do a normal year-long itineration (fundraising) time in the States. Therefore, I spend my summer breaks traveling, connecting with supporters, speaking at churches, and raising my support in that way. I also do a lot of connecting via email, Facebook, and phone calls while I'm here in Senegal. 

You're already in Senegal, though. Why do you need to raise more funds?

Due to a few different reasons, I need to build up my missions cash account. Some pledged/promised support has not been coming in each month, so to cover my salary, they're having to pull from my "cash account." Also, furnishing my classroom completely from scratch cost far more than I originally thought it would. And so on... 

At any rate, my cash account is starting to dwindle. And I've received an email from our AGWM office that said I need to build it back up and I need to do so quickly.

How much do you need to raise?

I need to raise $430 in monthly commitments and $4000 in one-time cash donations.

How long do you have to raise these funds?

The sooner the better... If I don't show significant increases in my account by June, I could run into issues though. So ideally, it'll happen more on the sooner side :)

What do you use the monthly commitments for?

This amount pays my salary, my insurance, taxes, and living expenses.

What do you use the cash donations for?

This is the money I use to purchase various items for my ministry here in Dakar. It also is the money that I use to pay for my attendance at various conferences required by AGWM. Also, as in my current situation, if my promised monthly support doesn't come in, they pull from my cash account to cover, so I can receive my full paycheck each month.

What happens if you don't raise your full support?

If my account depletes, I have to go back to the US for a longer itineration (fundraising) time than the upcoming summer trip I have planned. 

But y'all... This canNOT happen.

Why? 

I teach. I can't be gone for more than a summer at this point.

And selfishly... I worked my tail off to get this class up and running. There is no way I'm leaving. Nope. They're stuck with me for a long time :) Kidding.

Honestly... These kids have no other schooling option here. If I leave, what happens to them? And I fully, 100% know God has called me here and that God is not finished with the job He has called me here to do. Therefore, I cannot leave. So I really, really need to raise these funds. It's as simple as that.

What are your plans for the summer?

I haven't purchased my ticket yet. Since this expense comes out of pocket, I have to wait until I can save up that amount to get the ticket. But as of now, I'm looking at arriving around the 9th of June and then leaving around the 4th of August. The exact dates will depend on when I am able to purchase my ticket and seeing what's available.

The plan for this summer is... I will travel and speak at as many churches and visit with as many families and individuals as possible. All the while, I'll be sharing my heart and raising funds and awareness for this incredible group of kids God has placed in my care and the ones He'll send my way next school year and in the years to come, as well. 

Will you speak to/share with our church, small group, school group, etc.? What about meeting for dinner or coffee while here and sharing about your work?

I would love to say yes to all. Send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com with what you have in mind and when. If we can make it happen while I'm back, I would love this! 

What about Skype, Facetime, or another video-conference type call?

This is a great option! I'm available (even now, while overseas) via Skype. Many churches now will do a video call with a missionary while they're serving overseas. If you'd like to do that, send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com and we'll set something up.

If we want to donate, how can we?

If you feel led to donate to my ministry and to help keep me in Senegal, doing what God's called me to do, there are a few different options....

You may click HERE and follow the steps to set up a recurring (monthly) commitment OR to make a one-time cash donation. By doing it online, it's quick and easy. It's tax-deductible too, by the way.

 You may send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com and I can send you a form to help you donate via a check through the mail. By doing it this way, you don't have to make a payment online. But it's still tax-deductible, by the way.

Want to donate specific supplies, etc., for my class? You may send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com and I'll give you information on how to do that. 

And as always, prayer is HUGE. You can help a ton by praying for my ministry, for my finances, for my students, and for just me in general. 

I'll take all of the prayers I can get :)

No comments:

Post a Comment