Thursday, October 4, 2018

Currently

Happy Thursday Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly Currently link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives. 

Each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. The prompts for October are:

* wearing * collecting * making * taking * planning*

So what am I currently up to?


I'm currently wearing my hair in a ponytail almost every single day. We are officially in the hottest and most humid month of the year here in Dakar. I was born and raised in Alabama, one of the hottest/most humid states in the US. But y'all... AL has nothing on hot/humid Senegal. Now excuse me while I go find some more ice to put in my cup of water. :)

I'm currently collecting journal articles on Teaching Non-Native English Speakers with Special Needs for a research paper that's due soon. I may be spending a lot on printing. But it's totally worth it. There's just something about holding the paper copy in my hand, actually use a real highlighter, highlighting it and making notes. There's something about doing that which helps solidify the information I'm studying in my mind.

I'm currently making plans for Elementary Camp, which is an event I lead for our elementary students at the end of April. I know it's super early to be thinking about such things. But I'm currently "window shopping" on Amazon, prepping to order things to bring back with me when I go to the States over Christmas Break.

I'm currently taking my time with #thelovedbibleproject. I'm really enjoying slowly working my way through the Bible. Instead of trying to hurry and read, just so I can read through the entire Bible, I'm taking my time and really savoring what I'm reading, letting it sink in as I read and reflect and pray. And y'all... I'm loving it.

I'm currently planning a class reward which involves ice cream and Pringles for my kiddo's. Why Pringles? ...because one child does not like ice cream. I know. I know. It blew my mind too ;)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I can't quite comprehend someone not liking ice cream as an award either! And hang in there with the heat...ponytails sound like the way to go for now :)

    ReplyDelete