Wednesday, October 31, 2018

What's Up October

Happy Wednesday Y'all

Today I'm joining  MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up. 

 

Every month we answer the same few questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...

 

But first - a question of my own...

How is it already the last day of October?! 

Can y'all believe it? 

Anywho - on with the post...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What am I eating?

This past Friday, we did a fun activity in class. The students became the teachers and taught us how to make peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. We followed their instructions exactly (much to their dismay). And once they realized the point of the lesson, things went well. And y'all... By the end of the day, everyone was still laughing and having a good time, telling parents about the fun we'd had. It was definitely a lesson to remember. :)



No automatic alt text available.

What am I reminiscing about?

My school celebrated International Appreciation Week earlier this month. There were all sorts of fun activities planned for the whole school, including dress up days, games, tasty treats, and even a Parade of Nations. And in my room, we learned about and celebrated the "homes" of the friends in our room. It was such a fun week and another reminder of the beautiful diversity of our school. :)


Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor
 
What am I loving?

I loved the visitors who came to my classroom the other day. Seriously... Could they have been any more adorable? I'm definitely not a fan of the evil/bad parts of Halloween. But cute kids in costumes walking with family and friends, greeting people, talking and enjoying a fun afternoon? That, I enjoy :)

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and child
Photo Credits: My friend (and mom of cute karate star up front and superhero in the back).

What have I been up to?

I spent 4 days last week at a Teacher's Conference here in Dakar. It was put on by AISA - The Association for International Schools in Africa. A handful of people from our school went. I honestly didn't know what to expect, going into it. But I was so pleased. What an informative time. I'm so grateful for the opportunity.

Image may contain: 1 person 

What am I dreading praying for? 

I typically shy away from including something I'm dreading. Honestly, there's usually nothing that I'm dreading anyway. So instead, I've decided to change "dreading" to "praying," and instead, list what I'm praying for...

So what am I praying for at the moment?

It's more of a praise report. I'm thanking God for answered prayers and the gift of teaching such an incredible group of kids. Teaching these kids is a literal, God-given dream come true. Not sure what I'm talking about? Check THIS out.

Image may contain: text 

What am I working on?


My newest class started a little over a week ago. I only have this one and one more (in the Spring) and I'll be able to renew my AL teaching certificate. This class is all about inclusion practices and the Universal Design for Learning. And it's full of all sorts of info that I wish all teachers could/would learn.


What am I excited about?

I'm excited about a day full of watermelon themed lessons and activities. We're going to read, write, draw, carve, and eat. There are Math lessons, Language lessons, Reading and Writing lessons, and Science lessons too... We're going to embrace our inner writers and artists. It's going to be a fun day.

** Be on the lookout for a blog post later in the week, recapping all the fun. **

What am I watching? 

Nothing new... However, I am thinking about binge watching a show or two over Thanksgiving Break, since I'll actually have time to do so. 

Anyone have any good suggestions?

What am I reading?
We started our book studies as part of our Reading/Language lessons this week. Each student is reading a different book and will be completing different lessons, based on his/her grade level and individualized plans/needs. Today is only our 3rd day with this, but I can tell it's going to be great. They are loving reading!




What am I listening to?

I love this whole album by Lauren Daigle. She has such a beautiful voice. And the messages in each of her songs is so inspirational. I love it!



What am I wearing? 

This week is Spirit Week at school. Monday was MOVIE MONDAY. Yesterday was TACKY TUESDAY. And then today, it's WAKE UP WEDNESDAY.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Elisabeth Nichols, people standing


And in case you're curious, Thursday is THEME DAY THURSDAY and Friday will be FAN DAY FRIDAY. We're all having fun showing off our creativity this week :)

What am I doing this weekend?

I have had something planned literally every single weekend this month. So I'm looking forward to actually doing nothing this weekend (other than church and studying for my class as a student and doing lesson plan prep, I mean) :)

Image result for meme my weekend plans

What am I looking forward to next month?

Women's Retreat
Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving meal with my AG co-workers
a few days off from school
No alarm clock for 4 whole days in a row!  

What else is new?


We started something new in Bible this week with my older students. We're doing a Bible Study type format, individualized for each of the students. Each child has a list of assignments they'll need to complete each day, whether that be through independent work, partner work, working with a teacher, or through class discussions. We may only be three days in. But my crew is loving this new Bible lesson format. And if they're happy, I'm happy :)

And then each month, there's a special question.

October's question is...

What's your all-time favorite Halloween costume? 

I'd have to answer that by sharing these pictures of my nieces from a few years ago. I mean, seriously... Could they be any more adorable? :)

Image may contain: 1 person

And that's what I'm up to this month.

What about you?

What are YOU up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment