Monday, January 14, 2019

Coffee Date

Happy Monday Everybody

Today, I'm sharing my monthly Coffee Date post.

The Coffee Date series was started by Erin from Erin Salmon Writes, as a fun blogging exercise on the second Monday of each month. And while, Erin doesn't actually host the Coffee Date link-ups anymore, I still think it is fun to share my own Coffee Date post each month. The premise of these Coffee Date posts was, and it still is, for me to pretend that I am on a coffee date with you, my reader, as a friend, and we are chatting about anything on our mind at the moment.

So with that said...

Grab a cup of coffee (or whatever) and let's settle in for a chat.


In efforts to cut back on caffeine, I'm having ice water today.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you all about the 2 words God laid on my heart. I’d tell you how I’m using those, and not traditional resolutions to guide my year. I'm looking forward to embracing GRACE and REST throughout this year. Oh... If you missed my post on these words the other day, click HERE.


If we were on a coffee date, I’d also tell you about my Christmas. I’d tell you how nice it was to be with my family for the holidays. I'd tell you about making "confetti" pancakes, playing with baby dolls, trips to Chik-fil-a, opening Christmas presents, having good bonding time with my mom, and lots of snuggle sessions with my nieces, while watching cartoons. I'd tell you that I had such a wonderful time with my family and that it was such a huge blessing of a trip!


If we were on a coffee date, I’d tell you that my mom's birthday was the day before yesterday. Holidays are often the hardest while living far away from family. I hate I couldn't be there for her birthday. But I know she had a wonderful day and got to spend part of it with my brother's family. So that makes me happy :)


If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that my latest class started this past week. It's all about Dyslexia and teaching students affected by it. I'd tell you how I'm looking forward to this class, knowing how well it will help me in my current job and beyond. Plus, let's face it. I love learning this kind of stuff!

No photo description available.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I'm trying to do better with meal prepping and using up what I have on hand. And along those lines, I'm trying to have more "to go" breakfast options already prepped and ready each day. Wish me luck :)


If we were on a coffee date, I'd share this quote that a friend shared on Facebook not long ago. It definitely stuck with me. ...especially considering how often I try to "steal the pen" from God as He's writing my story :)

No photo description available. 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd also has how I could pray for you. I'm trying something new this year and writing out my prayers each morning. It's a good habit for me to have this be the very first thing I do every morning. Plus, I look forward to looking back through my prayer journal (book?) throughout 2019 (and beyond) and seeing how God answered all those prayers I prayed.


How about you?

If we were on a coffee date, what would you share with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment