Thursday, January 24, 2019

This Week's Top 5

Happy Thursday, Everybody


Here's my Top 5 Favorites from this week.


~ one ~


One of my groups started a Science experiment yesterday, entitled, Gummy Bears and Genetics. They'll finish it today. And y'all, they loved it! And I loved that they were having so much fun and learning at the same time.


Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting 


~ two ~


We started a new unit in Kids Club this week. For the next 5 or 6 weeks, we're going to be discussing Superheroes and the Bible. This week, Spiderman was our superhero and we discussed how just as he was chosen for a specific purpose, so have we been chosen by Christ for a specific purpose (to do His will). It seems like such a simple lesson to learn, but even we, adults, seem to sometimes forget it too. We are chosen by Christ! What a gift, that is! Anywho - For our "game," we built a fake spider web and were reminded of how just as it connects in all different ways, so can we when we connect the message of Jesus Christ with others.


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, dancing, basketball court and outdoor


~ three ~ 


Want to know one of the teacher job responsibilities that I do not enjoy? I absolutely hate cutting out laminated stuff. I love having it laminated. I love that we have that option because it's definitely nice. But y'all... I hate cutting it out. Anywho - I have a high school student that comes in every afternoon. Sometimes she'll help the kids with an activity. Sometimes she'll help me by making copies or doing other prep work. And sometimes... She cuts out all the laminated stuff for me :)



~ four ~

Yesterday, I told one of my guys to put quotes around a certain word in his sentence. He asked for clarification, so I explained and then I made "air quotes." When I looked over his sentence a few seconds later, I saw that he drew a person making air quotes. And I was reminded, yet again, of what a fun job I have. I love the literal nature of some of these kids. They make like so much more enjoyable :)

No photo description available.

~ five ~


Earlier in the week, I got to eat lunch with one of my students. It doesn't happen often due to the weird schedule I have, since I have full-time students in elementary, middle, and high school - and they don't all eat at the same time. Anywho - It's always a treat to sit with a student, in an informal setting, and chat about their day. I loved having this time with this guy. ...and our photobomber, too, who was finishing up his math lesson for the day :)




And in the spirit of oversharing ;)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Today, I'm joining ErikaAndrea, and Narci and for their weekly Friday Favorites linkup. Only... I'm posting on Thursday (and adding my links tomorrow) since my goal is to "unplug" this weekend. Yay for 3 day weekends!




And I'm also joining AprilNatashaand Christina for their 5 on Friday linkup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment