Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Currently

Happy Wednesday Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly Currently link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives.

Each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 

Want to see my Currentlys for...

* choosing * tidying * resolving * exploring * refreshing *


I'm currently choosing to enjoy/embrace the last few days of family time I have while here in the States. It took a lot of saving to be able to afford this trip. And I feel so blessed to have had this time. The Lord honestly knew I needed it. And y’all, it’s been such a good trip.



I'm currently tidying up my apartment (or rather I will leave nice I get back in Dakar). And by tidying up, I mean, I will be going through every cabinet, drawer, shelf, etc., and getting rid of stuff I don’t need. Clutter will NOT be a pet of my life in 2019. Wish me luck!

I'm currently resolving to do better at self-care in 2019. I spend far too much time at work. And here's the thing... My work is ministry. So somewhere in my semi-warped sense of reasoning, I told myself that I couldn't be burned out doing ministry. It's not possible. Is it? Ha!



I'm currently exploring my new Bible I’ll be using for my personal Bible studying. I love it!


I'm currently refreshing... 

Actually, I’m changing that one.

I’m currently feeling refreshed after this trip to the States. Y’all, I won’t lie. This past semester has been hard. I needed a bit of time away. And now that I’ve gotten it, I do indeed feel refreshed and ready to get back and start this next semester. I’m so thankful that even Jesus, Himself, went away for a short time by Himself. He set the example for us. Ministry is indeed important. But we have to be willing to acknowledge when we’ve hit a wall... When we need some time “off.” Even if it’s just a few hours or a day... Whatever it takes to get closer to God and leave that time “off” feeling refreshed and ready to continue the work He’s called us to do.



And since I normally do, I’m choosing to add in a few more Currentlys.

I’m currently spending the day with my mom. We’re meeting a friend for lunch. Then, I need to run to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things to take back to Dakar. Then, we’ll head to my mom’s church for Bible Study, where I’m sharing tonight. 


I’m currently dreading the thought of packing tomorrow. I so hate packing. 

I’m currently smiling at all the fun memories made with my nieces this Christmas Break. I so love those girls!


I’m currently feeling ready to tackle 2019. 

 

And what about you?

What are YOU currently up to?

4 comments:

  1. Ministry is tough work and people just do not fully understand that! Take care of you so you can take care of others - happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self-care is important - no matter what you do! I hope you can find a good work/life balance in 2019.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through the Currently linkup. Nice answers. I hope you get to accomplish it all. But I agree about taking some "me" time and feeling refreshed. Also, I hate packing too lol. Good luck with everything and Happy New Year!

    Welcome by, Ada. =)

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2019/01/thursday-moda-148-currently-january-2019.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you had a good break, and that it helped you get ready to tackle 2019! Sounds like self care is a great resolution for this year :)

    ReplyDelete