Friday, January 4, 2019

Goodbye 2018. Hello 2019.

Happy Friday, Y'all

For this week's edition of Friday Favorites, I'm linking up with ErikaAndrea, and Narci and instead of listing my favorites from this past week, I'm taking a blogging walk down memory lane and looking at my favorite posts from 2018.

Want to join me?

Image result for Goodbye 2018

~ January ~

I started the year off by sharing the one word I wanted to focus on for the year, instead of making traditional New Years Resolutions. And while I'd like to say I succeeded in that, unfortunately, that's just not the case. But I'm thinking of rolling this one word over to next year and adding it to another. Wish me luck :)

Image result for growth quote

~ February ~

February was a big blogging month. One of my most favorite posts was the one in which I reflected on the lyrics to TobyMac's song, Speak Life. Another favorite was the letter I wrote to my fellow teachers, in which I reminded them (and myself) that it's okay to not be the perfect teacher we think we have to be all the time. Another favorite post that was a bit bittersweet to write, was a tribute to the beautiful life of a dear family friend who passed away. A few days after that, I wrote a post in honor of my favorite brother. And a week or two after that, I shared some of my favorite Billy Graham quotes. And lastly, I also shared my first of what I'm thinking will be very many, of my new favorite monthly series, Growing in Gratitude.



~ March ~

I wrote a bit less in March. But some of my favorites include lessons learned from reading my Bible, all about one of my most favorite friends (and just favorite people in general), about World Down Syndrome Day, and another bittersweet post, in which I reflected on the life of a former student of my school (a favorite of all who met him) who lost his life far too soon.




~ April ~

In April, I wrote quite a few "letters." I started off the year with a letter to my adopted "homeland" of Senegal. I also wrote a letter to my past self and my future self, too. It wasn't all "letters" in April, though. A favorite post of the month was sharing about my very first visitors to Dakar. A bittersweet post in April was the one I wrote on the 3rd anniversary of my dad's death.



~ May ~ 

I started May off with a recap of a favorite event of my students - our Pancake Picnic. A few weeks later, I shared about a favorite passion of mine. Towards the end of the month, I had more posts. I wrote about it being 15 years since I graduated high school. I wrote about water balloons and prayer. And I ended the month with a post about Kids Club



~ June ~ 

June didn't produce as many posts as the other months. I started off the month with a recap of the 2017-2018 School Year. Soon after that, I shared my recap of my trip home to the US for Summer Break - a trip that definitely was not uneventful :) ... I also wrote a post about summer planning. And I ended the month with a bit of gratitude.



~ July ~ 

In July, I posted even less. In fact, I only shared 4 blog posts during the entire month. I'd say I'm sorry. But that wouldn't be true... I was busy living it up in the USA with my family. And I'm definitely not sorry about that. :) 

At any rate, my most favorite post of the month was the one I wrote about the 9th anniversary of my arrival in Senegal.


~ August ~ 

August saw a rise in blog posts, starting with my post on the number 33, written on my 33rd birthday. I wrote a letter to Teacher Me and I started what has been my most difficult semester of teaching in my 10 years of teaching. Not long after school started, I wrote a post, giving a tour of my classroom. And towards the end of the month, I shared my philosophy of teaching.


~ September ~ 

I started September off with a letter to Kids Club. And not long after that, I bared my soul a bit and shared about something I was facing. I wrote a few other smaller posts, but I think my favorite of the month was my post, sharing about a song I was (am) grateful for.


~ October ~

October was busy at school with lots of fun events - most of which I shared in my most favorite post of the month... a (mostly) Wordless Wednesday post. 


~ November ~

November only saw 3 blogs get published. I'd love to say I had a good excuse, but that's not true. I was just busy with life :) At any rate, on Giving Tuesday, I shared a bit about what I do and how I can keep doing it and I saw lots of support come in from generous individuals back home. And one of my favorite events of the month was Thanksgiving and a mock Black Friday Shopping Trip with friends :)


~ December ~

One of my most favorite blog posts of December was the one where I reflected on the 10 years since graduating college. Although, I think my absolute most favorite was my All Things Christmas post. I also shared a photo recap of September through November. And I ended the month/year with my December What's Up Wednesday blog post, which included my newest silly family selfie.


And that was my 2018 - Blog Version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment