Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Currently

Happy Wednesday Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly Currently link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives. Each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 

June's prompts are...


* picking * going * wishing * wearing * celebrating*




I'm currently picking/choosing what I could sell from my house (or at least I was yesterday). Every year, we have a yard sale of sorts for staff and graduating seniors to sell things. It's a great way for the people moving/leaving to unload their stuff and for the people staying to get new(-ish) things at a discounted rate. It's a win win for everyone. Anywho - I'm obviously not moving but I am trying to de-clutter my home a bit. And I thought this would be a good way to do that. Here's what I was selling. And thankfully, I only had a bit leftover, which I'll actually be donating to a good cause later next week.



I'm currently going nowhere, but school. I'm working in my classroom all day today, minus the time spent in a few meetings that are scheduled for today. I'll be taking a few Kids Club/Drama things up to our storage room on campus. And then I'll be finishing up the last of some required paperwork, as well. Then a friend and I are going to dinner tonight before heading to a reception the school throws for our seniors every year. So I'll be finishing off the night with that. 


It's worth mentioning, though, that tomorrow and Friday are required work days. Then I'll still be around for another few days. So since I'll be finished with all the required things for this year, I'm getting a head start on planning Kids Club lessons for the upcoming school year. And then by the middle of next week, I'll be boarding a plan, heading to the U.S. for my Summer Break.

Image may contain: sky, text and outdoor

I'm currently wishing there was a better option for cold meds. Liquid medicine makes me almost throw up. This horse pill of an option is what I went with. But oh my word, y'all... It's so huge! Whose bright idea was it to make people who are sick and likely have a sore throat swallow this ridiculous pill? Just sayin' ;)

No photo description available.

I'm currently wearing a new set of freshly polished toes, thanks to a sweet end of school year gift. Also... On an unrelated note, can we acknowledge the view out my balcony door? Look at that green with little pops of color from the flowers. That's so rare for here. So I love it!



Image may contain: one or more people, plant, table and indoor

I'm currently celebrating the 2018-2019 school year. I'd be lying if I said this year has been super easy. It's definitely been a tough one. But even so, it's been a year that's produced all sorts of fun and sweet memories with the students I've called "mine." 


Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling



And now, since it's my blog, and I can, I thought I'd share a few more pictures showing what I've been up to lately...

Most of our AG workers currently in Senegal got together for lunch the other day at our mall's food court. Now, before you say anything - It really isn't like a mall in the States. But, it is still nice. ...especially for here.

Anywho - I enjoyed some tasty Lebanese food with a nice view.

Image may contain: food Image may contain: sky, ocean, plant, bridge, outdoor and water

I'm in the middle of sorting through everything and packing up my classroom for the summer. The dust is so awful here. So we always cover our shelves and put away anything we can. That way it's safe/clean over the summer. My room is a little more full than usual because I still need to take some Kids Club stuff and some empty boxes (that will become Drama Team props) to the storage room. But honestly, it's not too awful. Even if some days, it feels as if the meme below is true. Ha :)

Image may contain: people sitting

We had a Game Day in Kids Club last week for our fun party activity. And we also had cupcakes and popcorn. And all of the kids really enjoyed themselves. And since they were happy, I was happy :)

Image may contain: one or more people Image may contain: 5 people, people sitting 

And speaking of those cupcakes... Y'all, my neighbor/friend has such a gift for cooking/baking (and a zillion other things, too). Well, I made all of the cupcakes for our Kids Club party. Then she made the most delicious frosting I have ever tasted in my life (Seriously! It was that good!). 

 Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and indoor

Another friend accepted the invitation/challenge of two of my students and came to play us in a game of Rummikub. You would have thought she'd given my guys a million dollars with how excited they were about her visit. Seriously... She has no idea how happy she made them. And, because of that, how happy she made me :)

Image may contain: 3 people, including Cathy Lukon, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

I'm going to be leading our school's Drama Team next year. I must admit. After I said I'd do it, I started getting nervous, worrying that maybe I bit off more than I could chew. But, after hanging out with these guys for a few practices and watching their big dress rehearsal and end of year performance, I'm more excited than ever about it. I can't wait :)

Image may contain: 3 people, people on stage, living room and indoor  Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and indoor

And last, but most certainly, not least... We took our students (the ones who are still here) out for lunch yesterday. It was such a fun outing with this crew. Such a nice way to finish out the school year with them. 

Although, it wasn't until this morning that I realized I forgot to take a picture. I guess that's a good sign, though, right? We were having so much fun being there, in the moment, that I didn't think of taking a picture :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have lots of fun things to wrap up the school year (to offset all of the busy clean-up and such that goes with it) - and then hope you have a fabulous break! I'd be all about some Lebanese food with a view too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could one ever go wrong with good Lebanese food and a view of the ocean? :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I always started my classroom clean-out around spring break lol. It's a PROJECT.

    ReplyDelete