Thursday, June 6, 2019

May 2019 in Photos

Happy Thursday, Y'all 

Tomorrow's my last (required) work day, so in my mind, I'm like this...

  Image result for teachers leaving on summer break

In reality, I'm not though.

I'm staying an extra week to do some prep work for the upcoming year - for Kids Club, and to work on some of the stuff for my Teacher Binder that I'll need to bring (the electronic version of) with me to the US over the summer. That way, I can do a little work on Long-Range Mapping/Planning for my students.

Anywho, on with the post...

For the past few years, I've taken a photo every single day. Then at the end of the year, I compile those photos into a book. I share some (not all) of the photos each month on here, if for no other reason, but to help me remember some of the fun memories and thoughts that went with them. 

And today, I'm sharing a few of my highlights from May.

May started off with a favorite prize in Kids Club - glow stick glasses. It made for lots of laughter and so very much fun. 


Towards the beginning of the month, I got the treat of watching our annual Spring Musical at school. This year, they did Wizard of Oz and it was so good!


Early in the month, it was like Christmas in May at school, due to the arrival of our shipping containers at school, holding all of our books and supplies and such for the upcoming school year. Seriously... It's like Christmas when the container comes every year. It may be hard work for most of our guys. But it's such a fun day!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, outdoor Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

A fun writing activity I did with my class in May was based on the book, The Best Part of Me, by Wendy Ewald. I was so very proud of my students for their writing in this assignment. They did such a great job!

No photo description available.

I was able to spend a few days at the beach with some friends in May. It was such a nice trip. And waking up to the sound of the ocean/waves crashing, with a cool breeze blowing through the windows is such an amazing feeling. I love it!

Image may contain: sky, ocean, outdoor and nature

May included some tasty treats, like home grown tomatoes (that tasted like the kind I buy in Alabama - so so good) and a new to me flavored water drink.

Image may contain: food 


Image may contain: indoor

Another fun activity for my students was a new way of studying, courtesy of a Bible Jeopardy game I found online. How exciting!

Image may contain: screen, laptop and indoor

Towards the middle of May, I watched the series finale of The Big Bang Theory with a friend. I've really enjoyed the show. And yes, I totally cried all throughout the last episode. It's slightly sad how sad I was at its ending.

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, food and indoor

A fun Kids Club activity we had this month was the day we'd learned the story of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead and then "re-enacted" the scene. Y'all... I haven't heard that much giggling in a long time. But you better believe the lesson stuck with the kids because of it. I loved it! :)

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing

I spent a good bit of time in May, shadowing the current Drama Team Leader, watching how she runs practices, how she plans things for them, and how she handles their big dress rehearsal/performance, all in preparation for taking on that role in the upcoming school year.

Image may contain: 3 people, people on stage, living room and indoor

One of the highlights of these two guys in May was issuing a challenge to a friend of mine and co-worker at the school, to a game of Rummikub. And even more than that... When one of my guys won, it was just the icing on the cake :)

Image may contain: 3 people, including Cathy Lukon, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

I loved having the chance to see one of my younger students shine as one of the emcees of his class's talent show towards the end of the month.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, people standing

We had our annual End of Year Kids Club Party at the end of the month, complete with cupcakes and popcorn, and a whole lot of board games and laughter. It was such a simply planned day. But the kids all had a blast! Me too :)

Image may contain: 5 people, people sitting

Another smile producing memory this month was receiving this sparkly note.

No photo description available. 

And then, on the last day of May 2019, we had our class party, since two friends would be leaving earlier than the others. It was such a fun time to recognize our students' achievements and reflect on such a nice year together.

Image may contain: 6 people, including Elisabeth Nichols and Michelle Walker, people smiling, people standing and indoor

And that was (some of my) my May 2019 in photos.

Oh, and in case you missed them, here are the previous months' photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment