Friday, December 6, 2019

I'm a Teacher



 For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a teacher. This goal never changed. In fact, I always told anyone who would ask... When I grow up, I want to be a teacher, a wife, and a mommy. 

Some of my earliest memories are of me lining up all of my stuffed animals and dolls and "teaching" them some lesson I'd created or forcing my little brother to sit still and be my student as I pretended to be his teacher.

In 2008, I graduated with a B.S. in both Elementary Education and Special Education. I was blessed to get hired on fairly soon after graduation as an Inclusion-based Special Education Teacher at the school where I did my student teaching/internship. I absolutely loved it!

Now, fast forward 11 years...

I've earned a Master's in Teaching ESL. And I'm currently working towards a second Master's in Teaching Exceptional Children (Special Ed) with an Dyslexia Endorsement/Certification. I've now taught in 3 schools (in 2 different countries). I've taught General Ed. Elementary, ESL, Inclusion-based Special Ed., and Self-Contained-based Special Ed.

I love teaching. I know that it is truly what I was called to do. And thankfully, God furthered that calling by adding missions in the mix. So I've been able to have the privilege of calling myself a Missionary Teacher.

Teaching isn't always easy.

And teaching overseas definitely isn't always easy.

But it's worth it.



Will I always be a teacher?

I don't know. 

I honestly don't know what the future holds.

But for now, I can honestly say...

I love what I do.

I love that I can say...

I'm a Teacher.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, I'm joining ErikaAndrea, and Narci and for their weekly Friday Favorites linkup and sharing about my favorite of a job :)

Click one of their names to and join the favorites fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment