Wednesday, December 18, 2019

What's Up December

Happy Wednesday Y'all

Today, I'm joining Shay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up. 


Every month we answer the same list of questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. And since Christmas falls on the last Wednesday of the month, we're sharing our usual What's Up Wednesday post a week early.

The questions are...


 

What am I eating?


The other night, I made dinner for my Drama Team and the guys who will be helping us with sound and lights for our big Christmas Program. Spaghetti and Meatballs, Green Beans, and Garlic Bread was what was on the menu. The biggest surprise of the night, though, was seeing how it was, indeed, possible to fit a total of 20 people in my tiny little apartment. It was noisy and fun. And I loved every minute! :)

Image may contain: drink and food Image may contain: food and indoor

 Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people sitting, people eating, table and indoor

What am I reminiscing about?

Christmas of my last year teaching Elementary (5th grade)... My class decor theme for the year was "Rockstar" themed. And I called my 5th graders "Rockstars" all year. So naturally, I gave them a fun rockstar-themed gift for Christmas.

This class was such a fun one. It was a big class (big for DA, that is). But they were such a great group of kids. They still are! I love that now, as 8th graders, the ones who are still here at DA will often stop by and say hi periodically. :)

Image may contain: 14 people, including Brenda Duncan Dady and Michelle Thompson Spannagel, people smiling, shoes 

What am I loving?

I'm loving hanging out with these kiddos each week. They're such a great group of kids. And they're so incredibly talented. The other night was their big Christmas program. And it turned out so well! I loved seeing all their creativity and talent in action. It was such a fun night! And while this picture is from our practice night, I love it because it shows them all in one shot. Y'all... Seriously, I am so proud of this group of kids. They've dealt with me, a newbie to leading this program/team, and they've made it through two of their biggest programs/performances of the year, dealing with all sorts of issues along the way. And they've just done so so well!

Image may contain: 12 people, people smiling, people standing

What have I been up to?

All things Christmas - We had our Kids Club Christmas party last week. Then we had our class party this past Friday. We had our big Drama Christmas Program on Sunday. And over the course of the past two weekends, there have been our Elementary and our MS/HS Christmas concerts/programs. Not to mention a few fun Christmas crafts with my younger students and some fun Christmas coloring for my older students to tackle after they finished their midterms... So yeah - It's been all things Christmas over here, for sure :)



What am I dreading?

Let's be honest. I love traveling. I love flying. I even love waiting around in the airport. But, what I dread/hate the most is sitting in a cramped seat on a plane with very little leg room for hours and hours. That part is so not enjoyable!

What am I working on?

As of this afternoon, I won't be doing any work for a full 2 weeks. Ah, Christmas Break, you are finally (well, almost) here. I am so very happy to see your arrival. Because while I truly do love what I do, I am so very happy to NOT be working for a little while. Just saying :)

Image may contain: text

What am I excited about?

Have I mentioned getting to see my family soon? :)

Image may contain: Debra Nichols, Josh Nichols, Victoria Payton Nichols and Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, people sitting, closeup and indoor

What am I watching?

After their exam this morning, a few of my kids are hanging around 'til the bell rings. They didn't have a scheduled exam during the last exam slot today. So I told them  I'd let them watch a fun Christmas movie of their choice. So we'll be watching Home Alone and having a Home Alone Party, complete with cheese pizza and pepsi :)


As for me, personally... I have been super busy with various things happening at school and finishing up the class I was taking, too. So I haven't really watched much in the last couple weeks.

What am I reading?

Other than the Bible and the devotional book I'm reading, I haven't read a lot the last few weeks, due to how busy I've been with everything that was happening at school. However, Christmas Break is here (well, after administering today's exams). So I have a couple books packed in my carry-on, ready to read on the long flights back to the States.

What am I listening to?

Christmas music, of course :)


What am I wearing?

I've been wearing these reindeer antlers as much as professionally possible. After all, they do make my day far more fun :)


Image may contain: Elisabeth Nichols, smiling 

What am I doing this weekend?

Spending time with my family! I'll head to the airport tonight. And then my flight leaves in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow and I'll be in my sweet home Alabama for 2 full weeks. I'm so ready to see my family again!



What am I looking forward to next month?

I love my family. I love spending time with my family and being back in the U.S. However, at the same time, I love the work I'm doing. So yes, I'm also looking forward to getting back to Dakar on January 2nd, which is a few days before I have to be back. This will give me some time to work in my classroom a bit before the craziness of my "normal" schedule resumes with the arrival of 2nd semester.

What else is new?


My latest class FINALLY finished. This one was definitely informative. But this 8 weeks about did me in. I'm definitely not as sharp as I used to be when it comes to working long hours and taking a class too. I'm so glad I have a month before my next class starts. :)

And that's what I'm up to this month.

What about you?


What are YOU up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment