Friday, January 3, 2020

My Word for 2020

Happy New Year from Senegal


For the past few years, in place of the traditional New Year’s Resolutions, I’ve chosen certain words to focus on throughout the year. In 2017, I chose the words joy, move, write, read, and rest. In 2018, I chose the word growth. And then in 2019, I chose the words grace and rest

For 2020, I’m focusing on only one word...



God brought the word, care, to my mind a few weeks ago.


He takes such good CARE of me. 


So I have a good an amazing example to follow.


I want the word CARE to be an ever-present part of my life in 2020.

So what will this look like?

I want to take better CARE of my physical health. 

I want to take better CARE of my mental health.

I want to take better CARE of my spiritual health. 

I want to take better CARE of my relationships with others. 

I want to take better CARE of my students.

I want to let God to take CARE of me and not try to do it all myself.

I want to show CARE in all I say and do.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I feel like the word, self-care, is tossed around, sometimes to justify doing whatever one feels like whenever one feels like doing it. 

But I think it can, indeed, be an important thing.

I work a lot. And sometimes, I do tend to forget to take care of myself in the process. So part of my "goals" for this year is to take better care of myself (in the ways listed above). But it's more than that. It's more than just taking care of myself.

It's letting God take care of me.

It's relinquishing that tight grip of control I have on my life. 

It's giving it all to Him.

...which I should have already been doing.

Hello Stubborn.

I want to allow Him to guide me, in taking better care of myself, my students, my relationships and interactions with those around me, and most importantly - my relationship with Him.

I want the word CARE to be an ever-present part of my life in 2020.




~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So, what about you?

What's your word of the year?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, I'm joining ErikaAndrea, and Narci and for their weekly Friday Favorites linkup and sharing my word (in place of a New Year's Resolution) for 2020. Planning and writing are both favorites of mine. So this totally fits :)

Anywho - You can click on one of their names above if you would like to join all the favorites fun, too.





3 comments:

  1. Care is such a great word, and it's also one I haven't heard yet! I think it's one we often overlook and, too often, assume. My word for the year is "intentional."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great word of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my word last year!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete