Thursday, January 23, 2020

Confidence

Happy Thursday, Y'all!

Today, I'm joining Ashley and Erika for their monthly Tuesday Talk link-up, where we, bloggers, come together and talk about whatever is on our mind at the moment.

 Except, I am posting this on a Thursday and not on Tuesday like I'd originally planned. Tuesday was super long. And then on Wednesday, it took me forever to get up in the morning, leaving me with just enough time to do a tiny bit of necessary work prep before staff devotions (which are before school). 

Anywho - Here I am. Better late than never. Right? :)

Want to know what's on my mind today?


Image result for CONFIDENCE word

I love Sanctus Real's song, Confidence. Have you heard it?

 It starts with


I'm not a warrior
I'm too afraid to lose
I feel unqualified for what you're calling me to do
But Lord with your strength
I've got no excuse
'Cause broken people are exactly who you use

The 3rd line is the one that first caught my ear.

I feel unqualified for what you're calling me to do

I know I've been trained for what I'm doing. I have 2 teaching degrees (almost 3). I've been through pre-field training (and all sorts of other training, too) for the missions side of things. Not to mention all the workshops and seminars and conferences I've attended or books I've read over the years.

But sometimes, I hear this voice in my head telling me that I'm not qualified for this job. Telling me that I can't measure up...

But the song doesn't end there.

But Lord with your strength
I've got no excuse
'Cause broken people are exactly who you use

How encouraging are those lines! 

I know that I literally canNOT do it without God's help.

I know that I literally NEED Him every step of the way.

And I know that with Him, I have no excuse.

I love that He has used (and will use) broken people. People who struggle. People who make mistakes. People who second guess themselves. People who are not perfect. People like me...

And then comes the chorus.

So give me faith like Daniel in the lion's den
Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness
Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense
So I can face my giants with confidence
You took a shepherd boy
And made him a King
 I have grown up in church. I have heard the stories of Daniel and Moses and David and all the giants (whether literal or figurative) they fought. But when I heard the words to this song, it was like I was hearing these stories for the first time. 

It's such a beautiful reminder that God is, indeed, always with us. He will provide exactly what we need when we need it. Whether it be faith or hope or a loving heart or defense or whatever...

We just have to trust in Him.

So I'm gonna trust you and give you everything
I'll be a conquerer
'Cause you fight for me
I'll be a champion claiming your victory


We don't have to fight our own battles. We have someone fighting on our behalf. We know if we trust and believe in Him, He will do this for us, just like He did it for all of those men and women in the Bible and just like He's been doing for us, and others like us, throughout time.

So I will make this my prayer today, and every day...


Give me faith like Daniel in the lion's den
Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness
Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense
So I can face my giants with confidence
I'll face my giants with confidence
 

I will continue to put my trust in Him.

I will continue to face my "giants" with confidence.






~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 I typically share links to my previous Tuesday Talk posts of the year. And since this is only January, I'll share one last look at last year's posts. If you missed any, or you're curious, you can click on the links below to check each of them out.


January - Introduction to Me

February - The Little Things

 March - You Might Be A Special Ed Teacher If...

April - Spring Break in America

May - Home Assignments  

June - He's here.

* No post in July *

August - A Lesson on God's Provision and Love

September - Who Holds the Future

October - Do It Again by Elevation Worship 

 * No post in November

December - Oxygen Masks

No comments:

Post a Comment