Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Hello Monday on a Wednesday

      Happy Monday Wednesday Y'all

Today I'm joining Holly and Sarah, and a few other bloggers, for today's Hello Monday link-up, where we say Hello to the week with a look at what's going on in our lives at the moment. However, per my usual, I’m a little late joining the “party” :)

 So what's on my mind?

A lot. But 'tis the norm with me, I suppose.

Things like...

Zizzie Days - When my oldest niece was maybe 2 or so, I started having a yearly Daisy/Zizzie Day with her. Zizzie is my “aunt name” for those who don’t know… Then when her little sister got old enough, I began to add a Willow/Zizzie Day to each year’s agenda too. On each girl’s day, they’re in charge. They get to choose where we eat and what stores we shop it. But a new outfit and something fun (either a toy or a new book) is involved too. And we spend the morning chatting about whatever is on their little hearts. And I love it all :)




Time with My Mama - I have so enjoyed this this summer. It’s been such a blessing for sure. Now that I’ve mostly moved down to Mobile, and I’m not seeing her everyday again, it feels weird. I’m so grateful for the relationship we have/how close we are. And when I find a place of my own, I’m glad my mom will be moving down to live with me. I can’t wait!


Finding a House - Speaking of moving… I’m looking for a place to rent. I’m hoping for a house, but if the apartment complex is good/affordable, I could be okay with an apartment. So I’ve been taking note of “for rent” signs and apartment complexes as I drive past them… If you’re reading this, will you help me pray that I find something affordable (and nice)? And if you’re in Mobile (or any nearby surrounding cities), and know of someone wanting to rent out a home, will you email/let me know? Thanks!! :)


Teaching in Alabama - I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a tiny bit nervous about the upcoming school year. But at the same time… I’m so ready! 


Newbie - It’s been a long time since I was a new teacher. It’s been interesting to be in “newbie” meetings the past two days :)


Sky Pictures - I love them. I tend to take a lot of them too. There’s just something about them that makes me smile :)


Setting Up a Classroom - It’s a lot. I’m thankful for Alabama having a tax-free (on school supplies) weekend last weekend. And a couple friends surprised me by generously Venmo’ing me a bit to help with that shopping trip. So the combination of the tax-free weekend and those gifts, plus the supplies and things I had in storage at my mom’s house already, all helped a lot!


P.S. This was one of five bins I took :)

Girls Lunch - We had this with me, my mom, aunt, and a few of my cousins. I always enjoy these times. We have good food and talk and laugh and just enjoy each other’s company. 



Truth - I saw the image below on Facebook the other day and saved it. And yes, I am finding that the older I get, the more and more truth I find in the statement below :)

And that’s about it for my scattered brain today. 

What about you?

 What’s on your mind today?  

No comments:

Post a Comment