Wednesday, July 31, 2024

What’s Up July

       Happy Wednesday, Y'all

Today, I'm joining Shay and Sheaffer for July’s What's Up Wednesday link-up. 



Can y’all believe that this month is over? I feel like we’re going to just blink and it’ll be Christmas! 



Every month we answer the same list of questions based on how things are currently going in our lives.

So let's get started...

What am I eating?

I’ve been eating lots of tomato sandwiches lately. …which probably isn’t the smartest idea since tomatoes almost always break my mouth out big time. But Y’all… Fresh, homegrown tomatoes are so very good! And I just can’t resist!



What am I reminiscing about?

The trip I took to France while in college. Seeing all the Parisian sites on tv while watching the Olympics has had me reminiscing for sure :) 



 What am I loving?

Living near family… I may not get to see them all the time. But knowing that I’m only a few hours by car away from them versus 24+ hours by plane is pretty nice :)



What have I been up to?

I’ve been prepping my classroom, getting it ready for the upcoming school year. 











What am I dreading?

The ongoing election debates, and the election itself. I just wish we had better options to choose between…



What am I working on?

Trying to do a better job at this…



 What am I excited about?

Living with my mom again soon… Once I find a place of my own (to rent) in the Mobile area, she will be moving down to live with me. I’m so glad we’ll have this time together, especially since we haven’t had that for the majority of the past decade or longer.



What am I watching?

The Olympics, of course :)



What am I reading?

Nothing lately…

What am I listening to?

Now that I’m back in America and can get Christian radio stations (that are in English on top of that), that’s what I listen to a lot. I’m a big fan of K-Love lately.

What am I wearing?

I bought these sandals at Walmart a few weeks ago because I can no longer wear flip-flops and I had no non-dressy sandals. And since I was going to the beach, I knew I needed to find something. They were super cheap (like $5) and are quite possibly the most comfortable pair of shoes I’ve ever worn! 



 What am I doing this weekend?

I have nothing big planned at this point, other than attending church on Sunday. I’ll be looking through some student paperwork over the weekend and doing a bit more lesson planning, I imagine, just trying to wrap my brain around what all I’ll be teaching soon. But that’s about it.

What am I looking forward to next month?

School starts. My birthday. My niece’s birthday. Etc. Etc. Etc.



Favorite recent Amazon find?

This sign that I hung on my classroom door. I love it!



What's new this month?

I’m officially living in the Mobile area now. A super sweet friend of our family is graciously allowing me to stay with her for a bit, ‘til I can get a place of my own. So I’m still slightly “unsettled.” But I hope to be able to get a place within the next 1-2 months. At any rate, though, I’m here and I’m happy :)



And that's what I'm up to this month.

What about you?

What are YOU up to this month? 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for comfy, cute and cheap shoes! It must be wonderful to be so close to family again. Your classroom looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete