Monday, August 5, 2024

Hello Monday

      Happy Monday, Y'all

Today I'm joining Holly and Sarah, and a few other bloggers, for today's Hello Monday link-up, where we say Hello to Monday with a look at what's going on in our lives at the moment.

 So what's on my mind?

A lot. But 'tis the norm with me, I suppose.

Things like...

Meet the Teacher - We had Meet the Teacher at school the other day. I got to meet almost all of my kiddos and their parents. It’s nice putting a face with the names I’d been given. It also helped me get even more excited about this upcoming school year. …which will be starting this week. Yay! :)



My Birthday - It’s tomorrow. My first one back in America in a long, long time. Not sure how much celebrating I’ll do since we have a full day of Professional Development that day and my family is 3 hours away. But I’m planning to treat myself to Korean food for dinner after work. Oh, and I’m also planning to go through the drive-thru at Starbucks for a free birthday drink before Professional Development that morning. So yay for that! 



First Day of School - Did I mention that’s happening this week? Eek!


This Upcoming Weekend - I’m heading back to my mom’s after school on Friday. I’m going to pick up a few more clothes and things to bring back down here. But more than that, one of my favorites has a birthday this week, so I’m planning to celebrate her a bit too. It’s the first time in almost 10 years that I’ve been able to be in America during her birthday celebrations. And while I won’t get to see her on the actual day, that’s ok. I will a couple days later. Oh my word, do I love this girl and her sister! 


House Hunting - If you’re the praying type, will you help me pray that God will help me find a house (or an apartment or something…)? At this point, I’d prefer to rent. Unless it’s just a steal of a price, I don’t think I’m ready to buy yet. And if you’re reading this and happen to know of someone looking to rent out a house (with 2 or 3 bedrooms) in this area, will you connect us? My email address is enichols85@gmail.com - Thanks!



He knows - That was my reminder God gave me at church yesterday. The pastor’s wife was telling a story about how at one point, all she could utter in prayer was, “God, you know.” And you know what? It’s true. He does know. Even at our lowest point, God knows. And He’ll never leave us.

And that’s about it.

So what about you?

What’s on your mind today?  

4 comments:

  1. Sending you positive thoughts and hoping this house hunting becomes fruitful soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday week! I hope it's a great one. My parents are house hunting right now too and it's amazing how fierce the market still is. Best of luck to you in finding something that works!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great first day of school too. My first day back for PD was today, and we have PD all week. Our first day of school is next Monday. Good luck finding the perfect place to rent.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the house hunting and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete