Saturday, June 16, 2012

The 17th Dear ______ Post

Dear Father's Day, You are tomorrow. I have been so blessed these past 26 - almost 27 years. I couldn't have hand-picked a better dad. My dad is such an amazing man, with an incredibly big, loving heart. He is helpful, considerate, caring, and will bend over backwards to help someone in need. He's been through so much in his life and has risen above it all. The devil has fought him hard, but thanks to an amazingly firm faith in Jesus Christ, he's risen above that. He's set the bar high and shown me an incredible example of how a godly Christian man and a husband/father should act and how I shouldn't settle for less than that. My dad is my hero and the first man that has stolen my heart. I am so blessed to call him my Daddy.

Dear 10 Year High School Reunion, Is it really possible that you will be next year? Where did the time go? I had to send in my contact info earlier this week so when the time comes, I'll be on the invite list. It's crazy to think that it's been long enough to start planning you. It seems like just yesterday we were walking across that stage.

Dear Driving, I've missed you so much. You've always been my de-stresser. It's nice to get in the car and just drive. It doesn't matter where. It's just nice to go. Of course after driving quite a bit over the course of the rest of the summer, due to my internship being rather far away, I may change my mind. :)

Dear Driving in Traffic, While I love driving in general, I do not like you. Traffic makes my blood pressure rise. Therefore, traffic = :(

Dear Clothes Shopping, I have definitely been enjoying you since being back in the States this summer. My ego's loving being able to buy all clothes 1 or 2 sizes smaller than the last time I was here. Yay for weight loss! :) ...official amount - 34 lbs lost since January 1st.

Dear Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad, You are my new favorite meal from Wendy's. I come to use their free wi-fi and wait with my mom 'til she gets off work, and need a healthier meal choice so, you were the first thing that caught my eye. And I'm glad it did. You are pretty awesome. :)

Dear Pajamas, You're meant to be worn at home, right? Why is it that so many people where you out in public? I don't think I'll ever understand this fashion "trend."

Dear Ice Water, I realize I wrote about (to?) you last week, but you deserve to be included in my Dear ___ Posts 2 weeks in a row. I am so enjoying having my fill of you at any restaurant, person's home, or gas station with fountain drinks I stop at. I love knowing I can have my fill of ice water without fear of drinking unfiltered water or ice. ...such a nice feeling! :)

Dear Price of Gas, You're going to kill me this summer since I'm having to make a few long car trips. Wow! I am thankful that you're not at $4 a gallon but man, you're high.

Dear Banana Flavored Shaved Ice, I have one word to describe your goodness - YUM! :)

Dear Childhood Memories, You've been flooding my brain this week. I made the first trip to Mobile County earlier this week for the orientation for my Master's internship. Wow - the memories that came with this trip. And I'll be heading back after church tomorrow morning. I have more memories from this area than anywhere else I lived while growing up. I love this place and the people I'll be staying with, as they're just like family! This is going to be a fun summer for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment