Friday, March 8, 2013

The 53rd Dear _______ Post

Dear Jesus You're My Superhero (the song), You've been stuck in my head all week. We sang you in Kids Club this past Wednesday, since we were talking about the greatest superhero of all - Jesus Christ.  Now if I could just get another song stuck in my head...

Dear Peter Pan (the old/animated version), My class earned a whole class reward this week so they choose to watch you as their prize. They seemed to really enjoy watching you. I, however, must admit that I didn't. You were a lot longer and not as entertaining as I remember...

Dear May 11th, You're the date of my grad. school graduation ceremony. It makes me sad to know that I won't be able to be there for it. While I know that I am most definitely where God wants me to be, it's still a little sad...

Dear Ivory Coast, I got my visa for you this week. That means that in 2 weeks, I'll be allowed to visit you for our West Africa A/G Missionary retreat. Thanks for the new stamp in my passport Ivory Coast. I'm looking forward to my visit.

Dear Pillsbury Strawberry Cake Mix and Strawberry Frosting, You are my absolute favorite type of cake and frosting. I love love love you and think it's really sad that you aren't sold here in Dakar :(

Dear Videos of my Niece, My brother has sent 2 of you to me this week. It's such a nice surprise to check my email and find you there waiting on me. It makes me not feel quite so far away when I watch them. And it's while watching them that I remind myself of how blessed I am to have the technology I do...

Dear Psych and Duck Dynasty, You started back last week. Yay for those weekly doses of hilariousness being back :)

Dear Water, We were told to store up and conserve you since you're supposed to go out tomorrow. Boo to that... major boo to that! :(

Dear Comps Exam, I've been studying so hard for you. I have exactly 2 weeks until I have to take you. And I'm so nervous. Test taking is so not my strong suit. Ugh... Why can't I write a major paper? Why's it have to be a test? I vote we outlaw all tests in life. Anyone with me? :)

Dear Minestrone Soup, I made you for the first time Thursday. Oh my goodness... You might be my new favorite soup.

Dear Sleeping Late, You and I need to get on the right page. Come on now...

Dear New Favorite Purple Shirt, I bought you over Christmas vacation and wondered if I should really bring you back to Dakar. You're 3/4 length sleeves and you're a little thick. So I thought you might be a little too warm to wear in this sunny place I now call home. But, I've gotten to wear you twice already and you've been perfect, thanks to unseasonably cool and windy times. Yay for that! :)

Dear Holy Spirit, You were the topic of conversation a parent struck up with me earlier this week. We talked a long time about the awesomeness of you and the cool signs we're seeing of things to come. Thanks for being such an amazing part of our lives!

Dear Fabric Shopping and Lunch, I'm headed out in a couple hours to enjoy you with a friend. Here's to hoping we find what we're looking for...

No comments:

Post a Comment