Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday

This week I've had a lot to be thankful for. I'm thankful for...

  • the fact that I made enough soup on Sunday to feed me all week. Yay for not having to cook during this busy week! :)
  • a fun (and educational) time at Kids Club and that we had 60 kids there! 
  • the 2 ladies that helped me run Kids Club this week. I'm truly so grateful for them being there helping to run this awesome program!
  • the opportunity to work in a Christian school. I love being able to share about the love of Jesus with my students every single day. I love being able to talk about the real meanings of Christmas (not Santa Claus) and Easter (not the Easter Bunny). I love helping them learn Bible verses and how they apply to their lives. I love teaching kids how to look up verse in a Bible and seeing them choose to read the Bible as their "free reading time" option. It really is a blessing to work where I do.  
  • God calling me here to Dakar. I am a missionary. That's a dream come true in itself. And not only that... I get to work with kids every day. I get to teach them. I get to watch them learn and grow. And I get to share Jesus with them. It's such an amazing feeling! It really is!
  • being on Spring Break. I do love my job. That's true. But I also love having time off, getting to sleep late, and getting to catch up on things I don't have time to do when school's in session.
  • getting to go to a country I've never been to before. I leave Saturday, heading to Ivory Coast for my missions retreat. 
  • extra time today to study for my Comps exam. 
  • the fact that I take my Comps exam tomorrow. 
  • one of my co-workers that's willing to hang out with me for 3 hours while I take my Comps exam (you know...to make sure I don't cheat and all. ha!). Seriously, though, while she can do work and stuff, she's still giving up 3 hours when she could be alone or go somewhere or do anything else... Yet she was willing to let me invade her quiet Friday morning by needing someone to proctor my test. I am so appreciative of her doing this for me tomorrow!
  • getting to watch Survivor and go eat delicious Brazilian food with a sweet (and funny) family tonight. I always enjoy hanging out with this family. But it was especially nice tonight to have a break from studying and to be able to eat a nice meal before taking my test tomorrow. ...because as full as I feel now, I'm thinking I may not be able to hold breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment