Friday, March 15, 2013

The 54th Dear ____ Post

Dear Time Change in the U.S.,  A lot of people on Facebook were complaining about you. I, on the other hand, think you're simply fabulous. You make talking to my family a little easier. It's nice that they're now only 5 hours away :)

Dear Big Snow of '93, You happened 20 years ago and people STILL are talking about you. Speaking of which... We were living in Georgetown (just outside of Mobile) and I was in 2nd grade. I'd spent the night at my best friend/neighbor's house who happened to live next door. When we woke up that morning, it was like a winter wonderland. We'd never seen that much snow. We all (my family and hers) went outside and played in the snow for hours and hours. We even missed school because of all the snow. Alabama hasn't had that much snow since... :)

Dear Avocados, I've never been a terribly big fan of you. ...that is until just recently. I had some guacamole a friend made and loved it. Now I've eaten avocados in a few different recipes. Can your taste buds change as you get older?

Dear Mountain Dew, I had you at lunch yesterday after not having one of you in 3 months. Oh my goodness... You were not good to me Mountain Dew. I've decided that the delicious taste was not worth the racing heart and lack of sleep at night that came as a result of drinking you. Wow...

Dear Mom and Dad, I got a package from you in the mail AND an Easter card this week. Thanks for putting a little postage-induced sunshine in my life this week :)

Dear Comps Exam, I take you in exactly 6 days. Eek!

Dear Ivory Coast, I leave for you in exactly 7 days. I'm excited! Of course, I'm pretty sure I won't even start packing 'til I press "submit" on my exam. So if I can just get through my exam, we'll be set :)

Dear God, Thanks for the lesson you taught me this week using Matthew 11:28. I wrote about it here.

Dear Family and Friends, Anyone want to come for a visit to escape the hustle and bustle of America? ...to escape the cold, non flip-flop wearing weather? Any takers? You can't blame a girl for trying... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment