Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My One Thousand Gifts #'s 237 - 247

Each week, I highlight new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These gifts aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 11 new things...

#237 - a blue phone


Well hello beautiful. Thanks for having an awesome rebate which made you super cheap for me to buy this past week :)

#238 - a stack of notebooks

Thanks to the incredibly generous donation of a friend of my aunt, I was able to mark this item off my shopping list for this coming school year! I love how God provides what we need even when we tell no one (not even Him) what it is!

#239 - a home cookin' style restaurant

What a treat that was! This Alabama girl loved it! Yum! :)

#240 - lunch out with friends

I got to go out to lunch with friends after church this past Sunday and try out the above-mentioned restaurant. It was nice getting to chat with them, get to know some of them a little better, eat good food together, and just to have a chance to hang out. It was fun :)

#241 - a business that offers printing/scanning services

Since I don't have a printer, having to print/scan things can be quite the hassle. But thankfully, I was able to find a place that would allow me to do both of those. I may have had to pay a ridiculous amount to do so, but at least I got it done. Now I just need to buy a printer of my own. Anyone know where I can get one for free? :)

#242 - a recurring reminder from God

Don't you love when God has something He wants you to learn so He has this lesson brought up in many different ways, by many different people, during many different circumstances/situations? I sure do!

#243 - seeing old friends

I love running into friends I haven't seen in a while. It's always such a nice surprise and a gift that's happening more and more now that I'm back in the States for a (little) while.

#244 - time to read (for fun)

I rarely have fun to read for fun, even though I rally enjoy doing so. So having time while sitting in airports and on the plane this past Tuesday on my way to TX and today on my way back has been nice.

#245 - a vacation

...because God knew I needed a little time away to recharge :)

#246 - a week with a friend

Y'all, this is more of a huge thing, but I'm including it in this list anyways. What a huge gift (blessing) this week has been - spending time with a really good friend!

#247 - the chance to eat at Chik-fil-A

Flight delays stink big time, but thankfully mine allowed me the chance to eat a delicious grilled chicken club sandwich. Yum! 

And if you'd like to see the other items on my list of one thousand gifts, just click on the links to those posts on the right of your screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment