Thursday, July 10, 2014

The 114th Dear ____ Post

Dear 23, You're how many days are left 'til my birthday. If anyone's reading this and wants to donate a substantial amount of money to the "Get Elisabeth back to Senegal" fund, in honor of my birthday, feel free to contact me :) 

Dear Last Year in My 20's, You're what I'm about to enter. Hmm... I'm not yet sure how I feel about being so close to that 30 mark.

Dear Texas, I'll see you tomorrow! I'm so excited! Although, I must say... I'm more excited to see my friend who lives there :)

Dear What a Coincidence, You're what I thought when I found out a friend is going to be on the first leg of my flight tomorrow. Seriously, what are the odds? :)

Dear Weird, You're what I think about the fact that I have to fly towards the east to Atlanta first and then turn and fly back over Alabama to get to Austin, TX. Wouldn't it make more since to just go straight to Austin?

Dear My Southern Accent, You're apparently stronger now after being back in Alabama for a month. I don't hear it, but friends have recently noticed it. I've always loved and embraced by Southernness, so I must say, this makes me happy :)

Dear Krispy Kreme, Friday was your 77th birthday. So to celebrate, Krispy Kremes everywhere had a deal going on where you could buy one dozen donuts regular price and you could get another dozen for only 77 cents. Add in a few family members and friends, some milk, and it made for quite the nice treat :)

Dear iPhone, I finally joined the current century and got you the other day :) And thankfully, I didn't break the bank to get you. Thanks to an awesome rebate offer going on right now, I was able to get you for next to nothing.

Dear Spending Time with Family, I'm so enjoying getting to enjoy you so much. Knowing that I have at least one year, possibly two, to enjoy you makes this girl's heart definitely happy!

Dear School Supplies, Someone my aunt knows was getting rid of a bunch of school supplies and when she heard about me, she decided to give them to me. How could she know that the type (and number) of notebooks she gave me was almost exactly what I was planning to buy for this coming school year? :)

Dear Food Network, Due to a lot of the nastiness on t.v. these days, you're what I end up watching the most. I'm learning all sorts of cooking strategies, recipes, and fun ideas for decorating a kitchen. I love it!

Dear Yesterday, You started off with an awesome church service, followed by lunch with a friend and her sweet family and some other people from church, a visit with my aunt and cousins to wish my aunt a Happy Birthday, and then home to pack for my upcoming trip, grilling out with my parents, and then I finished with a couple Food Network shows. All in all, I'd say you were a great day.

Dear Country Kitchen, You're the name of the restaurant where I had lunch yesterday with some friends and people from church. They raved about your "home cooking" style of food and boy, were they right. You were delicious!

Dear Yesterday's Sermon, You were spot on! I love when God works things out so the message in church is exactly what I'm currently dealing with. This topic was (is) what God's been bringing up over and over in my own personal "quiet time," in advice given by family, and in church too.

No comments:

Post a Comment