Friday, January 30, 2015

ABCs on the Weekend

I...

...have had awesome admin. in every school I've worked in. What a blessing that is!

...bought some Swiss cheese for a class project two of my kids are doing. And while this cheese will do, I can't help but miss the "real deal" good cheese I was able buy while living in Senegal. 


...love cheese and after being bummed at Walmart's selection last night, I have realized that I've become a bit of a cheese snob :)

...drove through Montevallo the other day on the way to visit some friends. So many memories came flooding back from college and my first teaching experience!


...will eat olives on pizza. But to eat them any other time? Yuck. And yes, I know that's weird :)

...taught a couple French phrases to two of my kids for a class project they're doing. 

...gave, along with a few other teachers, a presentation in our faculty meeting yesterday afternoon. 

...am helping a couple of my students with a class Social Studies project today. Our country is Switzerland. Fun!

...thought this inspirational post by Lysa TerKeurst on Facebook last week was so good that I took a screen shot of it and saved it to my phone. And when I was scrolling through my pictures last night before bed, God told me to take notice of it.


...love my Africa jewelry, especially pieces that have memories attached to them, like the earrings I wore yesterday. Some friends/co-workers gave me these after I passed my Comps exam, signaling I'd graduate with my Master's :)


...like the song, Kings and Queens, by Audio Adrenaline. It always reminds me of my missions work. 

...have loved reading through the textbook for my February Berean class. It's on the New Testament and it's kept me intrigued the entire time. 

...miss Senegal. I really do :(

...never listen to this song from the Mulan soundtrack without laughing. It's such a fun song!

...often think I'm caught up on paperwork and it's usually at that point that God laughs and says Ha! Just kidding :)


...am praying for a financial miracle for my family. God knows the need and I know He'll supply it at the right time.

...love the quote below. It's such a good motto for life!


...enjoy my rides to and from work every day. I have a 45ish minute drive, which is just the right amount of time to have a nice conversation with God. I'm sure people think I'm crazy and talking to myself when they drive past me. Haha :)

...hate student loans. Or maybe I should say, I hate student loan payments. Ugh!

...am thankful for a good work environment. What a blessing this job has been (and still is) to me!

...had to untie a girl's shoes the other day since she chose to tie both shoes' laces together for some reason. Um, why??

...like the verse that says, "But as for me, I watch in hope for The Lord, I wait for God, my Savior; my God will hear me." (Micah 7:7)


...wish there was a Senegalese restaurant nearby. I could go for some cheb. ...or mafe. ...or yassa :)

...was eXcited to see a fellow West Africa missionary couple the other night. Yay for seeing Africa peeps on this side of the big pond :)

...might try making yassa poulet some time. I think it'd be the simplest Senegalese dish for me to make here.

...love the zeal for God that my dad has. A man who has so much sickness, pain, and suffering in his body. Yet he still puts The Lord first. He still preaches the Word. I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment