Monday, March 30, 2015

ABCs

I haven't done an ABC post in a while, so I figured today would be a good day to add a little randomness to the blog...


I...

...am amazed by the peace that comes from God. I just can't fathom how someone can live without it. 

...bought Subway for dinner last night for my mom and me. The smart thinking side of me thought ahead and bought a footlong sandwich so I'd have enough for supper last night and lunch today. Score 1 for me not having to wake up earlier today to pack a lunch :)

...call my mom so much! I'm so glad it's free for us to call each other because if it wasn't, I'd be broke for sure!

...am saddened by my dad's decline in health. It makes me sad to see him sick and hurting. Anyone reading this want to send an extra prayer up? Please feel free.

...enjoyed having a break from school. Even if it didn't go according to plan, it was still nice to not have to go into work each day :)

...am looking forward to this weekend. We have an Easter event at church on Saturday and my sister-in-law and nieces are going to come with me. Then Sunday is Easter, itself. I can't wait!

...am grateful that I had this past week off. 

...hate standardized tests. I personally believe that it is stupid to give these types of test when we spend the rest of the year individualizing our curriculum. It just doesn't make sense

...am intrigued by Autism. There's so much we don't even know about it. That's how huge this disability/disorder is. 

...juggle quite a bit. And while it's not always super easy, I do feel I've gotten a better grasp on it here lately.

...know that this month is going to be exceptionally busy with IEP prepping, writing, meeting, etc. But it's so worth it. Since this month is so jam-packed, my May won't be so bad. So it's worth it :)

...love working with the kids I have. It's such a rewarding job!

...wrote a blog post on memories I have of time spent with my dad. What a sweet time of reflection :)

...needed to read the verse below. I love how God directs my reading so that I see exactly what I need at the time I need it!


...offered to run an errand for my mom after work today. I'm so nice :)

...completely redid my Pinterest account yesterday. And in the process, I was reminded just how much of a time-sucker Pinterest is :)

...quickly finished the last of my paperwork before school started this morning. Just in thine for a new big batch to start tomorrow. Ah, such is my life...

...had a very realistic dream about a certain topic two nights this past week. Not that I'm reading too much into it. But wow...

...have spent more time with my parents this week than I have in a while. And it has been so very worth it!

...totally sing the Alphabet song to myself when I'm looking for a letter. Yes, I can tell you where a letter is without it, but my brain totally wants to still sing the song :)

...will start tUtoring some kids after school next week to help them get ready for standardized tests. 

...think venison is delicious!

...watch very little t.v. these days. There's just so little on these days that's good/clean. It's sad...

...an eXcited that there's only 8 more weeks (and 2 days) 'til I leave for my 2 week trip to Senegal :)

...took the cutest picture of my youngest niece the other day. Isn't she precious? :)


...fixed the zipper on a student's jacket today, but not without quite a bit of work. Man, it was stuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment