Sunday, February 7, 2016

I'm Back!!!



Oh Duck Dynasty... 

Thanks Si for the fun meme to start this post :)

That's right y'all. I'm back. I'm back in Dakar. I landed 5 days ago and hit the ground "running" almost as soon as my feet hit the sand. 


People keep asking me how it feels to be back. And I can honestly say the same thing each time...

It feels normal. I feel like I'm home again.


I've been gone for a year and 8 months. And y'all... I wouldn't trade that time for anything in this world. I am so eternally grateful for the time I had with my dad (and the rest of my family and friends too).

But I am so glad to be back!

Two close friends picked me up from the airport and took me to my apartment, so I could drop off my things and freshen up a bit before heading to Dakar Academy (DA) to meet the 10 reasons I came back to Senegal early...


Their substitute teacher had taught them 2 songs in Wolof and a poem, which they sang/recited to me at their Welcome Back Ms. Nichols party.  If I can figure out how to download a video from Facebook, I'll add it here. Seriously...the best thing I've ever heard!

I started teaching the following day and have been on the go ever since. I'm so thankful for sweet friends and co-workers helping me out along the way, though. I've been treated to a Welcome Back Party with my fellow AG peeps, dinners and lunches and snacks, and even a beautiful bouquet of flowers. ...and not just any flowers. These included my two favorite flowers! 



I've received hugs and well wishes and cards and so much love...


And now the real work begins... I can't wait :)



And since people have been asking... 

I am super close to being fully funded with the Assemblies of God. Once all promised donations get in, I'll only need $361 more in monthly support and $1638 in cash (one-time) donations. Would you prayerfully consider partnering with me to raise this remaining amount? Every little (and big) bit helps! Just click HERE and follow the prompts to donate and/or set up a recurring (monthly) commitment. It's super quick, easy, and the money will hit my missions account in just a day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment