Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wednesday's Letters

Dear Olympics, You're happening at DA this week. My 4th graders are so excited! They've been "training" during recess and lunch, trying to run as fast as they can and beat their previous times. It's so cute to hear them talking about it!

Dear Mr. DeMaio, You have quite possibly the coolest educational musical videos ever! My 4th graders love you! You're making reviewing our Multiplication Facts so much more fun!


Dear Reading, I'm so incredibly thankful that my entire class loves you. ...like, seriously loves you! They beg for reading time. I even had one kid ask for an extended reading time as a reward. What kid dos that?! I love it!

Dear Little House on the Prairie, You're what I'm using for our class read aloud. They think life "in the old days" must have been so awesome. And it's hilarious to hear them say they wish they could have lived then. Oh if they only knew... :)

And speaking of Little House on the Prairie...

Dear LOL'd, You're what a literally did when a child was shocked to find out I was 30 and then proceeded to tell me that not only was I old, I was old like Little House on the Prairie, old. Haha!

Dear 1 Corinthians 13 for Teachers, I found you online the other day and you tied in perfectly to my topic for staff devotions the other day. Thanks for being available, for making me smile, and for being a great reminder for me.

Dear Trail Mix, We made you in 4th Grade the other day and since we had such a huge batch, I decided to leave it in the classroom for my friends to enjoy each day. They've now decided that I should ALWAYS have snacks for them in class. Funny kids :)

Dear I love you Zizzie, You're what I got to hear my oldest niece say when I called the other day. Hearing her sweet little voice was the perfect way to end my evening. Oh do I miss that one and her baby sister :)

Dear The Seemingly Little Things, Sometimes you mean the most in life. ...like a homecooked meal from a friend, a sweet email from a student's parent, a hug from a student, and so much more.

Dear Speech Pathology, You're what I wish I had training in. You'd so come in handy right now...

Dear Getting Cooler, I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying this, but you're what seems to finally be happening in Dakar. Low 70s?! What?! :)

Dear Dust, You are EVERYWHERE. Do you hear me? EVERYWHERE. Can you please chill out a bit? I'd really appreciate it :)

Dear Homemade Salsa and Homemade Peanut Butter, You're what I bought a couple weekends ago. Just so you know... You're delicious! Yum!

Dear Dream Big, You're what I tend to do. ...especially when it comes to helping the kids in my care. I want to do whatever it takes to get the help they need/deserve. And it frustrates me big time when there's something I can't do.

Dear I'm a Teacher, I love that I can say you. I love that you help define me. You make me so incredibly happy. You may be the reason why I'm often exhausted at the end of the day. But overall, you really do make me happy. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment