Monday, February 15, 2016

Life Lately



Life lately has included...

...a really long day of flying, which included two layovers and a whole row of seats to myself on the last flight (hello sleeping on the plane).


...more walking and more sand.


...meeting the 10 main reasons I came back to Senegal early.


...and getting used to a new classroom.


Life lately has involved finding ways to stay cool, like having a ton of ice and buying little bags of ice cold filtered water on the street.



It's also included buying fruit from a vendor, set up outside in the heat and sand and so on...



...and drinking from my absolute most favorite mug :)



...and celebrating Valentine's Day with my class, complete with a mail box that "magically" produced fun prizes, cute little Valentines cards, and homemade pita pizza and trail mix.


 

...watching softball games with a great view and enjoying my feet touching cool grass again.


...eating yummy food, like tasty salads, Brazilian awesomeness, N'ice Cream (hello obama - the ice cream), frozen yogurt, a friend's homemade lasagna, and homemade donuts given to the staff one morning.



...dusty days with high temps and water cuts.



...random sights from trips down the highway, like goats for sale, horse carts included in a traffic jam, brightly colored buses (car rapides), and Nescafe carts selling coffee and phone cards.



And last, but certainly not least, life lately has included all sorts of little "God things" that have made me smile, like getting one corner of my apartment set up with some of my favorite treasures, a beautiful bouquet that included some of my most favorite flowers, and a beautiful sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment