Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Stranded...with a BOOK

Today I'm linking up with Shay and Erika for...

STRANDED

Each month they ask bloggers to pretend they're going to be stranded on a deserted island and they are allowed to bring only three (yes, 3) items with them.

The topic for this month's STRANDED post is...

Which 3 books would you bring?


When I saw today's topic, I was torn.

How could I pick only 3 books?!


So I broke the rules.

Instead of picking 3 books, I chose to pick 3 categories.

And then I decided I'd just bring all my favorites in each category.

I mean, who knows?

I might need them one day :)

FIRST - BIBLE STUDY BOOKS


In terms of Bibles... I love my ESV Global Study Bible! It's my go-to Bible. I take it to church. I read it to study, do devotions, etc. I also have a copy of The One Year Bible (NLT Version) which I use it for my goal of reading and journaling through the Bible in a year. 

The other 3 books are my "for fun" Bible study type books... Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman and then Wild Goose Chase and The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson. I've read all 3 of these books more than once and love them. Each has challenged me to grow stronger and deeper in my faith.

SECOND - WORK (TEACHING/KIDS) BOOKS

First up are the teaching books. These are the 3 books that have helped me the most in my career as a teacher... Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire, Bright Not Broken, and The Homework Myth


Then are the kid books. These are my favorites to read to my students... The Rainbow Fish, The Very Hungry Caterpillarl, Amelia Bedilia, Only One You, Charlotte's Web, and The Borrowers. Each has their own unique sweetness, perfect for little ears :)


THIRD - "FUN" BOOKS

I read a lot in Bible Study/Devotional time. And I also read a lot for work. 

So when it comes to reading "for fun," I don't really do that as much... 

But the books below, I've read, enjoyed, and wouldn't mind reading over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment