Tuesday, May 24, 2016

What's Up May

It's the last Wednesday in May, so it's time for this month's What's Up Wednesday post.

Aren't you excited? :)


*Linkup with Mel, Shay, Shay, and Sheaffer

Every month we answer the same questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. The questions are...



What am I eating this week?

I've been slowly working my way through the food in my fridge/freezer/cabinet, in preparations for moving to a new apartment. So the other day I ran to the store and got salad ingredients to pair with some chicken I had in my freezer. I also had a random packed of Trois Poivres (3 peppers) Sauce in my cabinet. So I added it to the chicken and it made a nice glaze type sauce. Throw in some garlic bread. And in the words of Rachael Ray... Yum-O!


 What am I reminiscing about? 

I've been looking over pictures from the past few months. I've so enjoyed my time with these 10 kids. Remember the post I wrote, introducing my crew? If not, you can read it here. And then a few days ago, I wrote about how I've been wondering why God led me to come back earlier than I'd originally planned. These 10 faces (well, 9 plus the 1 who was absent the day this photo was taken) are part of the reason why. What a blessing they've all been in my life!



What am I loving?

I am loving making plans for next year. I've been chatting with the current teacher, getting the inside scoop on all things 5th grade. Since he's going to be gone for a year, I'm moving up to 5th grade. It'll be fun to move up with my crew and to teach a new grade level. I'm excited for next year! In fact, I even wrote about this on my blog last Thursday. If you missed it, you can read it here :)

What have I been up to?

End of year stuff at school... It's hard to believe that this Friday is our last day of school (for kids).



What am I dreading?

I'm not necessarily looking forward to being cramped on planes for hours and hours next week. But the end result is totally worth it. So I guess it's not all bad :)

What am I working on? 

I'm reading through my Berean/Global University texts, prepping for assignments and tests to get me a few steps closer to earning my Ordination with the Assemblies of God. I'm learning so much through these 6 courses.



What am I excited about?

I get to see my favorites in only 11 days!!!!



What am I watching?

My crew is watching The Peanuts Movie on Friday as part of our DAY OF FUN for the last day of school. I love this movie! I let them give a few suggestions and then we voted. I'm glad this vote won :)




What am I reading?

At the moment, I'm reading through a catalog of Speech curriculum. Who knew there was so much to choose from?! Seriously, though... I am seriously loving learning so much about how we communicate through speech. Our body is a fascinating machine. And seeing how much is out there to help us improve our speech is just so overwhelmingly cool.


What am I listening to?

I've been listening to Rachel Platten's Fight Song quite a bit lately. I love the first bit of the song....


Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion



What am I wearing?

I wore tennis shoes yesterday for the first time in a while. I really do HATE wearing tennis  shoes. Anywho - I ended up with a few blisters and yet another confirmation that I really am a Flip Flop kinda girl :)





What am I doing this weekend?

I'm going to finish packing my stuff to move to my new apartment AND I'm going to pack for my trip to the States. On Saturday morning, I'm going to lunch and the pool with a few friends. And then that night, I'm going out to dinner with some really good friends who are leaving for a year (insert sad face here). And Sunday is church day. I'll have a few things to keep me busy, but nothing major.



What am I looking forward to next month?


Oh so much... I get to see my family. I get to attend my nieces' birthday party. I get to speak at 4 different churches (maybe more), which means I get to share my heart for Senegal and Dakar Academy. I get to go on a road trip with my mom. My BFF is coming to visit! And I get to experience life in America again.

What else is new?


I've been asked to help in July with the kids' part of a program AGWM is doing with a few of our families here in Dakar. Because of that, my time in the States this summer has been shortened by a few weeks. I'll be in the States exactly 6 weeks from the day I land 'til the day I take off. Therefore, I've got some major work to do. I still need approximately $300 in monthly commitments in order to be fully funded by the Assemblies of God. If you, your family, your business, your church, or any other group, would like to partner with me in raising the rest of my missions support so I can continue with the ministry God's called me to do, I'd be greatly appreciative. Just send me an email and I'll get you set up. My email address is enichols85@gmail.com.


And each month, there's a special question. This month's question is...

What are you most looking forward to this summer?

There's so much. But honestly... The thing I'm most looking forward to it having time with my family again. I may not have long in Alabama, but I'll make the most of what I do have. That's one of the hardest things in this line of work...being away from family.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment