Monday, July 11, 2016

Coffee Date Linkup

 

Today I'm linking up with Amber and Erin for their bi-monthly Coffee Date linkup, where we pretend we're on a coffee date with a friend and chat about anything random ;)

Well, since this is our very first coffee date, I must be honest and tell you something... I really, really dislike coffee. I've tried plain. I've tried flavored. I've tried it hot and iced. It's just not for me. 

 

But tea... Tea's my thing.

So you drink your coffee and I'll drink my tea and let's chat...

{one}

I've spoken at six different churches this summer. I've connected/reconnected with so many supporters. It's been such a busy time, but such a good one. I've seen so many different ways God has blessed me this summer. I love seeing His hand at work!

 

{two}

My mom and I were at the house of some good family friends the other day and we all got to watch the Andrew Zimmerman show where he went to Senegal. It was so cool to see places I've actually visited in real life. It was like a taste of Senegal brought right here at home in Alabama. ...so fun!

 

{three}

I feel so grateful to be able to be at Alabama's MEGA Conference this week, learning so much about and challenging myself to become a better teacher. I'll be participating in workshops on engaging students in Math, incorporating positive behavior supports in the school/classroom, testing ELL students, lesson planning for students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing, all about literacy/phonics/reading, and more. I'll be in sessions from 8:15-4:30 every day the next few days, so I will definitely be able to get good use out of my Thinking Hat this week.

And yes, I am the weirdo that chooses to do something like this just a few days before leaving to go back to Senegal. Summer Break includes learning/work time for me ;)

 

{four}

Y'all, I know the promises God has spoken to me. I know what the Word says. I know to trust and believe and not question God. But sometimes... Sometimes those doubts and worries and stresses creep in and what I feel and what I know don't always connect. 

So, what's the answer?

I've been spending far more time than usual in the Word and in prayer. 

And do you know what God has been teaching me?

Trust.

Faith.

Patience.

He promised. He will deliver. 

I need to wait and TRUST in Him.

I need to wait and have FAITH in Him.

I need to wait PATIENTLY in Him.

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Elisabeth. So glad you joined us for TEA! In case no one has told you lately, THANK YOU for the amazing work that you are doing in Africa. So cool that you've gotten opportunities to share your stories here in the States.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words Erin. What a blessing to "hear" this morning!

      Delete
  2. Elizabeth... So thankful we've brought out a few awesome tea drinkers with this. I actually married a man who loved tea and didn't understand the joy of coffee until we went to Costa Rica... And now, he's as into his daily coffee as me!

    So amazing that you're doing such gloriousness in Senegal AND then coming home to do the same for America. What a servant's heart you have. :) So thankful to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully Senegal loves tea as much as (actually more than) I do! :) Thank you for your sweet words Amber. It's always a blessing to hear! Thank you

      Delete