Wednesday, July 27, 2016

What's Up July

Can y'all believe how fast this summer is flying by?

It's already the last Wednesday of July!

Today I'm linking up with  MelShay, and Sheaffer for this month's What's Up Wednesday post.

 

Every month we answer the same few questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...

 

What am I eating this week?

A friend and I went to the local pizza place the other day for lunch. I brought my leftover pizza home and had it for supper the other night, along with a little salad. I love cold pizza!

 

What am I reminiscing about?

I sure do love being back in Dakar. But that doesn't mean I don't miss my family... I so enjoyed my time with them this summer.

 

What am I loving?

I'm back in Dakar! The first thing I noticed upon arriving back were these trees in full bloom. I love 'em!

 
 
What have I been up to?

I've been working with some pretty awesome kids the past week and a half. I'm having the time of my life! Seriously, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard! 

 

What am I dreading?

Can I be honest for a second? I dread not having a dryer anymore. Ah, the things you miss sometimes... ;)

 

What am I working on?

My "work" plate is quite full at the moment. I'm doing a kids program each weekday morning, grabbing a quick bite for lunch, doing ESL testing (or prep work) almost every afternoon, spending a little time prepping at home for 5th grade usually while eating supper, and then crashing for the night before starting the day whole process over again the next day. I love being busy. I do. But those few  "off" days before school starts will be amazing!

 

What am I excited about?

I am almost completely funded with monthly missions support. It won't be long before I reach that 100% mark. Want to help me reach it faster? Send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com 
and I'll give you more info.

 

What am I watching?

I'm loving watching these kids interacting with each other as we learn all about the Fruit of the Spirit. 

 

 

What am I reading?

Right now I'm reading "Dirty God" by Johnnie Moore, which takes a look at how Jesus didn't just associate with the rich and fancy. He got down in the trenches, so to speak, getting His feet "dirty," ministering to and loving on the poor. So far, it's a really good book. I'm glad I picked it up this summer.

 

What am listening to?

I love this song by Newsboys. God led me to this song at just the right time. I was going through a bit of a rough patch, really struggling bad with fear. My mom and I were going somewhere and when she turned on the radio, "No Longer Slaves" came on. I instantly started writing down the lyrics so I'd remember them later. And now? Now this is like my motto... 

I'm no longer a slave to fear.
I am a child of God.
I'm no longer a slave to fear.
I am a child of God.
I'm no longer a slave to fear.
I am a child of God.

 

What am I wearing?

Thank you Lord for sleeveless shirts! It is so hot/humid right now! Plus, any excuse to wear my "Choose Happiness" shirt is a good one ;)

 

What am I doing this weekend?

A friend is getting married on Saturday, so some of us here in Dakar are having a wedding viewing party since we're too far away to attend the real thing. I'm bringing the pretend wedding cake ;)

 

What am I looking forward to next month?

I'll actually finally get a few (as in like 2 or 3) "off" days.

School starts back. 

But the biggest thing...

August is my birthday month!

And yes, I do accept presents. *Kidding of course... That is, unless you want to give me one. Then, go right ahead. Because, after all, who am I to rob you of a blessing?! ;)

 

What else is new?

It's starting to rain a bit, leaving the flowers around campus popping with color. I love it!

 

 

And each month, there's a special question. This month's question is...

What was the best part of your summer?

Being with family

Being in sweet home Alabama 

A really, really good friend came to visit

Sharing my heart for Dakar academy and for Senegal at churches


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment