Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Tuesday Talkin'

Today I'm joining Erika and a few other bloggers for her monthly Tuesday Talk link-up. 


On the third Tuesday of every month, bloggers talk about whatever topic strikes their fancy.

So what's on my mind?


I just got back from MEGA Conference 2017. This conference is put on by the Alabama State Dept. of Ed. every summer. Education professionals come from all over the state (or even from Senegal, as in my case). 

I am grateful that I had the opportunity to go. I learned so incredibly much from the workshops I attended while at MEGA this past week. 

I started the week off, with glasses on, and caffeine in my hand, ready to get my learnin' on :)


I took notes.



I listened to fabulous speakers.



I learned some great tips for working with all sorts of potential learning challenges my students might be facing, whether that be a delay in their social-emotional development, or vision unlike their typical peers.





I learned about Writing Interventions, the Close Reading strategy, incorporating the Arts into my classroom, and using the Universal Design for Learning strategy for STEM education.







I borrowed resources from a friend.


And I refreshed myself and what it takes to be a good IEP Team Leader.


I collected a lot of good quotes, courtesy of awesome presentations :)







All in all, I'd say it was a great time.

Thanks #mega2017 

You were awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment