Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Weekend o'clock is always a good time...


My weekend was a full, but fun, one.


Friday started off with a trip to Walmart for a quick and inexpensive breakfast. Bananas for the win!


I then headed to my brother and sister-in-law's house where my mom and I babysat my nieces.


Highlights of the day included this little mama loving on her baby doll...


And this little one telling me showing me that she drew a "Jesus cross" and thus, melting my heart a bit :)


We also took a few silly faced selfies too :)



Lunch was at one of my favorite places, courtesy of a sweet lady treating me to lunch and blessing my ministry in Senegal with a gift too.



My mom and I grabbed dinner on the way home and then I finished up my book (and a sweet treat) once we got home.


Lastly, I did a bit of laundry and then headed off to bed.


On Saturday, I enjoyed a bagel with strawberry cream cheese for breakfast, while reading from Proverbs 31.


After breakfast, my mom and I worked a bit around the house and then later in the day hit up Sonic for some tasty treats :)


It was then time to pick up my rental car to take to Mobile since my car needs to visit the "car doctor" which costs way more money than a rental car does.

Anywho, my plan was to pick up the car I reserved at Enterprise. Well, due to major errors on their part and stinky customer service, I ended up wasting my time there...



And finally I ended up visiting Budget Rental Cars where I met an AMAZING worker who truly excelled in the area of customer service. And when I told her what happened at Enterprise, she even gave me a nice discount on my rental. I left there with a nice car for a steal of a deal. Plus I was happy and no longer stressed :)



A little later, I stopped at a red light, looked over, and saw this cute red elephant. Obviously I was in the home city of the Crimson Tide :)


I made a quick run to the grocery store for some essentials and then headed home.


Once home, my mom and I packed to head to Mobile, Alabama. I was going to the 2017 MEGA Conference for educators. Every year, I look forward to this week of workshops, helping me learn so many new tips and strategies for working with the students God has placed in my care. Plus, being near the Coast, and visiting friends too, is always a nice bonus :)


After that I made a late night snack, embracing my Southern roots with a good ol' tomato sandwich.


I then unwinded from the day with a little Candy Crush and called it a night.


Then on Sunday, my mom and I left bright and early for church.


We hit the Jack's drive thru for breakfast.


Y'all, I love my church. It's always a treat when I can be home and attend a service at Temple.


It was BGMC Sunday, so it was fun seeing everyone giving to missions :)


And as always, my Pastor rocked it out with an awesome sermon.


After church, I filled up the car with gas and then we went got Arby's to go so we could get on the road. I also "forced" my mom to take a selfie with me ;)


We soon passed the big peach water tower, signifying our departure from Clanton, the land of the most delicious peaches ever.


And we got on the road. We were making good time, so we stopped at Priesters Pecans to stretch our legs and pick up a few goodies.


Music definitely helped pass the time. ...especially when my passenger fell asleep on me and I lost my conversationalist :)



Anywho - We spent a great deal of time on the road on Sunday. 


And finally we made it to our hotel.


We unpacked, freshened up a bit, and then headed to church. We visited Georgetown Assembly, a church my parents pastored in the early to mid-90s, and who supports me and my ministry now. I love this church!!



After church, we came back to our hotel where we made ourselves some tasty salads for our dinner.

 
I then headed to bed fairly early because my week of learning started the next morning with the opening session of The 2017 MEGA Conference.



How'd you spend your weekend?

Today I'm joining a couple bloggers for their monthly link-up party. If you want to join the fun, click on one of the links below.

Shay from Mix & Match Mama and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything


1 comment:

  1. Weekend o'clock is always the best time! That tomato sandwich looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete