Monday, July 31, 2017

My American July

After 5 glorious weeks in sweet home Alabama, I am now sitting in the Birmingham airport, waiting on my flight back to Senegal.

It seems like just yesterday I landed. But I have been able to cram the past 5 weeks with all sorts of wonderful-ness.

I  spent time with my favorite road trip buddy, BFF, and adventure finder... my mom :)



I spent time with other family too.




And of course I can't leave out time spent with my two favorite girls - my nieces. 





I went to my family reunion.



I saw friends, and apparently I only remembered pictures with two of them...

 


I spent a week in Mobile for Alabama's annual MEGA Conference. 



I visited some churches.



I ate good food.





And I saw pretty scenery.


I read.




I helped my brother and sister-in-law move.


I practiced the art of patience.


I (and my new class) was blessed in amazingly generous ways.



I visited farmer's markets and fruit stands.




I enjoyed being in sweet home Alabama and the good ol' USA while I could.


I bought a sticker to remind me of how blessed I am to do what I do. I'm livin' the dream y'all. I really am :)


I took one last family photo.


And I ended up at the airport today, on the last day of July, having my last taste of Chikfila and a Dr Pepper full of ice before heading back to continue livin' the dream.




All in all, I'd say my American July was a nice one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment