Monday, November 27, 2017

A Week in Black and White

A while back there was a fun "challenge" of sorts floating around on Facebook, where you were supposed to share 1 black and white photo a day for 7 days. It gave people a glimpse into your life, in a slightly different format/style than usual. 

It was fun and it got me thinking...

Why don't I do that here?

But sharing only 7 pictures probably wouldn't too interesting. So I decided to share a full week of black and white photos. A week in the life of yours truly...

I knew my week last week would NOT be a normal one anyway, due to it including a shorter week of school, some fun activities with my class, a fun event at school, Thanksgiving, a big meal with my fellow AG-ers, an escape from work/home, and a lot of down time too. 

Here's how my week went.

Monday was a fairly normal, run of the mill kind of day, I led our Staff devotions before school. Then the school day included your typical lessons and a couple fun Thanksgiving-themed activities. It also included a can of Dr. Pepper to give me that needed caffeine boost at lunch time. I made dinner for a couple of our AG MKs that evening. And then once they'd left, heading to their evening plans, I headed downstairs to my Bible Study where our hostess for the evening treated us to a delicious meal.




Tuesday was a good day. We had fun in class doing some typical and not as typical lessons/activities. I had to cover for our secretary at lunch time while she had a meeting. We made Thanksgiving Books in Friendship Club after school. I had to make a veggie run after school to the local fruit/veggie vendor. And then a bunch of our staff was invited to a fancy-schmancy event to celebrate a major holiday for the country of Oman. Perks of having a dignitary's child as a student... :) Anywho, Since it ended quite late, I crashed once I got home. It was definitely a long, full, and rewarding day.

 



On Wednesday, we got out of school early, but not before enjoying a bit of M&M math. Then we all "picnic'd" and watched our staff, students, and parents play some good ol' American football for our school's Turkey Bowl.  After a while, I worked in my room and then headed to friends' house for a couple nights. We had a tasty dinner and I made my dessert for the next day. And my friend shared her candy and Netflix for a bit of Brooklyn 99 (funny, funny show!). 




Thursday started with a cup of tea and breakfast with friends. Later in the morning, I made/prepped my contributions to the Thanksgiving meal and I helped my friends a bit with their dishes. And then it was time to head over to our AG Thanksgiving get-together. Lunch was delicious and even included turkey (a rare treat here in Dakar). And the fellowship together afterwards was nice too. After that, I headed back to my friends' house where we all kind of sat around and later played games and had a PB&J for supper.




On Friday, I had a bowl full of tasty, fresh fruit and a cup of peach tea for breakfast. Then I did a couple hours of work on the computer. Throughout the day, I prayed for our kids/staff on Outreach out in a nearby village, and loved getting reports of how God was moving out there. That evening, I went out for Korean deliciousness, followed by a tasty ice cream dessert on the way home.



On Saturday, I was as lazy as possible. Around lunch time, my neighbor and I pooled our resources to make a tasty lunch. And she let me be the taste tester for some cookies she'd just made. Then I went home and continued my goal of laziness and I read most of the afternoon/evening. By dinner time, I was starving. So I made dinner and ate it, while doing a bit of Christmas shopping for my family, while periodically checking the score of the Alabama/Auburn game, since my wifi was out and data was too expensive to stream the game. 




Then yesterday, I made some peanut butter cookies to have on hand for the week, put up a few Christmas decorations, and then spent the day reading. I took advantage of my last free day to do a whole lot of nothing. Then last night, I headed over to church to hear the testimonies of our Outreach team back from their weekend in the village.



And that was my week. How was your week last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment