Thursday, November 2, 2017

Currently

It's the 2nd day of November. 

How is that possible?

Wasn't it just New Year's Day?

Anywho, I digress...

Today I'm joining Anne and Julie for their November Currently link-up.




I'm currently REALIZING that I need to change up my daily schedules again. I think this might be the zillionth or so time since school started that I've done this. It's amazing how many millions of little details need to fall into place just so in order for our daily schedule(s) to work. So that's the #1 thing on my to do list for this coming weekend.


I'm currently STIRRING some ideas around in my mind for some fun activities for my crew to do in the coming weeks. Can you believe we only have 6 weeks of school left 'til Christmas Break? And this is my most favorite time of the year. Especially since I'm working with kids... Kids who love all sorts of fun holiday-themed activities. Thanksgiving? Christmas? Bring it all on! :)


I'm currently APPRECIATING my class' Bible Memory for this week. I picked this verse back in September, while planning my Bible units for the month ahead. But ironically enough, it was last week and this week, when I most needed to be reminded of this verse. I'm so thankful for God's perfect timing in re-placing this verse in my life at just the right time.

Image result for joshua 1:9

I (and others at my school) are currently WEARING all sorts of silliness this week, as part of School Spirit Week. So far, we've been Mystery Characters. We've worn our best Tropical duds. We've dressed all Wacky. Today we're wearing our best Throwback outfits. And tomorrow we'll wear our best Fedoras (or other hats). 

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

Image may contain: one or more people, sunglasses and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, sunglasses, selfie, closeup and indoor

I'm currently FOLLOWING some advice a friend gave the other day. She wasn't even talking to me, but rather another co-worker who was in the teacher's lounge with me at the time. But she said something to the effect of the quote below... Think back to when you were a little girl. What type of woman did you want to become? Who did you want to grow up to be? What good qualities did that ideal woman possess? Be her.

No automatic alt text available.

I'm currently RAISING funds to continue the work God's called me to do here in Senegal and I still have a few thousand dollars left to raise. Would you prayerfully consider partnering with me to raise this much needed financial support? If so, you may either click HERE to donate online or you may e-mail me at enichols85@gmail.com and I'll send you a form to enable you to mail in a check, if you'd prefer to donate in a non-electronic way. Oh and P.S. ... The first 5 people to donate will get a small gift from Senegal :)

Image result for missions fundraising

And now, since this is my blog and I can do what I want... :)

Here a few of the reasons I'm CURRENTLY in a happy mood.

I get to hang out with some of the coolest kids around. 

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, child, closeup and outdoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun time at school! I love it how kids give us an excuse to go all out with enjoying the holidays :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun answer to the stirring one--your students are lucky to have such a creative, plan-ahead teacher!! I can't believe you only have 6 weeks til break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that quote is fantastic. That is such a good reminder for me and something good to tell my daughter as she grows up.

    ReplyDelete