Friday, November 24, 2017

What's Up November

Happy Friday Y'all.

Today I'm joining  MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up. Only since I forgot to post this on Wednesday, I'm posting it on Friday instead :) 

 

Every month we answer the same few questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...

 

What am I eating this week?

Yesterday was Thanksgiving :)





What am I reminiscing about? 

November 2014 - I took my dad to the South Alabama vs. Navy game. He was pretty sick/weak at that point, but seemed to perk up on that day and we had such a nice time together that day. I will always cherish the memories from that time together


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling 
Image may contain: 1 person

What am I loving?

I'm loving the opportunities I have as a result of this calling God's placed on my life. Ones like a fancy party for a sultan, where I got to dress up and hang out with this cutie :)

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

What have I been up to?

Lots of Thanksgiving themed activities :)

Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people standing

What am I dreading? 


Not seeing my family for Christmas... Yes, I'm happy I'll be attending our All Africa conference/retreat with fellow "global workers." And yes, I'll enjoy having a lot of down time and time to catch up on sleep, and maybe even work too... But it's still sad knowing I won't see my family at Christmas. 


Of course, on the flip side... Seeing them in June is going to be oh so SWEET!

Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling
* our last Christmas together before my dad passed away *

What am I working on?

Reading Comprehension. Oh my word is this hard for my crew...



What am I excited about?

Y'all, this weekend is awesome! I love thought of having a long weekend full of days with NO alarm waking me up! It will be heavenly... And I may wake up at 5:30 like normal, because my brain feels the need to do so. But I don't mind because I'll be able to take a nap (or two) during the day if I wanted. Simply heavenly :)

Image result for quote - No alarm clock - school's out

What am I watching?

I've been on a Boy Meets World kick lately. 

Related image


What am I reading?

Since my last What's Up Wednesday post, I've read a lot of books. In fact, I've read more than normal. So I thought I'd do a whole separate post recapping what I've read. My goal is to have it up on Monday. We'll see though...



What am I listening to?

I just bought the Pentatonix Christmas Deluxe album on Facebook as my one new Christmas CD for this holiday season. And yes, I've totally been "jamming" out to Christmas music already even though it's not even Thanksgiving yet :)

Image result for Pentatonix Christmas deluxe

What am I wearing?


I've worn my hair down a few times recently. 


Why? 


Y'all Cool Season in Dakar has FINALLY arrived! Praise the Lord! :)


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup and indoor


What am I doing this weekend?

It's Thanksgiving Break, so I'm spending a few nights with some friends and ignoring the sound of the construction work in my building as much as possible. Ha! :) My main goals for this weekend were to catch up on sleep, hang out with friends, read, and map out the rest of this semester. So far, I've succeeded. And y'all... Here's hoping the rest of the weekend goes the same way :)




What am I looking forward to next month?

Christmas activities with my class!

Christmas party with my class!
AG Christmas party!
catching up on sleep!
no school for a few weeks!
No alarm clock for a couple weeks!
Christmas!
AG All Africa Conference/Retreat!



What else is new?

Not much. Same ol' same ol' :)




So what are YOU up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment