Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Coffee Date

Happy Wednesday Y'all!

Today I'm joining Erin for her monthly Coffee Date link-up, where we pretend we're in a fake coffee date with a friend, chatting about who knows what...



If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that it's been a while since I last posted anything on my blog. I've had ideas. But nothing stuck. But don't worry... I'll be making up for it next week. As of now, I've got a post planned for every single day next week. I know, I know. I'm shocked too ;)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask if you've read any good books lately. I'm planning to start reading, Orphan Island by Laurel Snyder next. The description makes it sound like it's a good book. We'll see...


If we were on a coffee date, I'd probably ask what your plans are for Thanksgiving. I'm eating with my fellow AG-ers here in Senegal. And I'm sure we'd talk a bit about our favorite dishes. Ah, turkey... :)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd probably show you this cuteness... We made Thankful Turkeys in Kids Club this past week. I was quite impressed by our kids' creativity :)

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

If we were on a coffee date, I'd show you how long my hair's gotten. Can you believe it? Me, the person who loves having her hair super short... I've realized just how much I really do like it long. :)


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup and outdoor

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I love my class. I love teaching. But oh my word, I am so very ready for Thanksgiving Break. 5 1/2 days with no school and no alarm clock? Yes, please.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that my left wrist still isn't 100% and I'm honestly not sure it ever will be (barring a miracle from God). I still can't lift or even hold anything heavy with that hand. When I try, it's painful and I quickly realize I have hardly any strength left in it. And that stinks... But at the same time, I can write, type, get dressed, etc. just fine. So I'm not too upset... :)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I led our Staff Devotions this morning. I spoke about running on empty - something God's been working on with me lately. And after hearing from a few of my co-workers, I realized I wasn't alone in that. Thankfully, my Teacher is the Master Teacher and is extremely patient with my occasionally hardheaded self :))





If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask you what you're most thankful for. I'd tell you I've been making a point of looking "outside the box," so to speak and thinking of what I'm thankful for in that sense. I'd tell you that I'm going to share them all on the blog soon. It's been a fun "project" of sorts. I've really been enjoying it.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I'm still fundraising, trying to build up my missions account. I have quite a ways to go. But I fully believe God will help me. And I'd probably ask if you know of any churches or individuals who'd want to partner with me financially. If so, I'd give you my email address (enichols85@gmail.com) and ask you to connect us.

And lastly, if we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you about my evening last night. Teaching foreign ambassadors' children sometimes has its perks. Last night some of my co-workers and I were invited to a fancy-schmancy party for the home country of one of my students. And as I stood there talking with a dignitary from a certain middle Eastern country, and looked over at my student standing there in his traditional clothing, I couldn't help but smile at the opportunities God's given me in this life of mine :)


Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

No comments:

Post a Comment