Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Currently

Happy Wednesday Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne and Sarah for their monthly Currently blog link-up, where we share what we're currently up to in life, based on certain prompts given...

Image result for Currently

I'm currently traveling nowhere. But on Friday evening, I'll be flying to the the U.S. for the summer. I'm so ready to get back, connect with missions supporters, share my heart for this incredible ministry I get to be a part of, see family and friends, and let's be honest... I'm also ready to have Chik-fil-a and a large fountain dr. pepper with lots of good/safe ice again too :)

I'm currently grilling nothing. But I'm hoping to enjoy some of my mom's delicious grilled hamburgers while I'm back in the States. Yum!

I'm currently exploring new ideas for my class for the upcoming school year. I'm going to have students in a wide range of grades. So I'm exploring different ideas of how to best serve the students I'll call "mine." As a teacher who loves a good challenge, I know I'm going to love this coming school year :)

I'm currently planting nothing. I definitely do not have a green thumb. I love flowers. LOVE them. But give me a potted plant or make me actually go outside and plant something, and I'll kill it. I'm just so not gifted in that area.

I'm currently playing a lot of music. Since this week is a full week of Teacher Work Days, I've been playing worship music non-stop while doing my computer work. It's so nice to be able to have my music blaring away while I'm working.

And since it's my blog, I'm adding in a few more Currently's...

I'm currently reminiscing about all the fun memories from this school year. What a fun year it was! P.S. If you missed my post on this the other day, you can click HERE to read it.

I'm currently reading nothing new. But I do have a few good books in my backpack which will be joining me on the plane, heading back to the U.S. Although, before I can read "for fun," I'll need to finish up this week's grad school assignments. I am planning to work ahead, as much as possible on my grad school work, though, because I would prefer to not have to spend my entire time on the plane this weekend working on grad school work. We'll see though :)

I'm currently planning to spend all day in my classroom today. I have already moved all of the furniture to the middle of the room, like is required. I've taken all the posters off the wall. I've gotten almost everything signed off. I've met with administration. I've met with parents of some of the new students I'll have this upcoming year. And the last two things I need to do (turn in my computer and pick up my paycheck) can't happen 'til Friday. So back to work I go.

I'm currently having a couple friends over for dinner. Or rather, I will be tonight... It's time to use up the last of the stuff in my fridge/freezer before I leave for the summer. So we're merging resources and making biscuits and homemade sausage gravy with scrambled eggs on the side. Yum!

I'm currently thinking I'll still blog over the summer. But y'all... I'm not going to guarantee how often it'll happen. Honestly, I am looking forward to having time to ignore technology (minus that grad school class I mentioned) and being able to just savor/enjoy the time I'll have in the US, doing all God has in store for me over the Summer.


So what are you currently up to?

4 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your time back in the states and get to drink/eat all the things you've been missing!! Hopefully you will find some time soon to do "fun reading" as well, though good luck on your grad course!!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Brianne - I teach Special Education at an international K-12 Christian school in Senegal, West Africa.

      Delete
  3. Hope you have safe travels and a great visit. Hard to beat fountain sodas and grilled hamburgers after being away for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete