Sunday, April 18, 2010

Keep the Candle Burning

I've had a great day. I woke up to the AMAZING smell of roast, carrots, and potatoes cooking in the crock pot. I went to church where I felt God ministering to me from the beginning of worship to the end of the sermon. I came home and had 3 friends over for dinner and received compliments on my food. I went driving on the highway for the first time (in a standard) and did pretty well (except for that darn 3rd gear...). :) And then I started working on some grad school work...which was actually interesting and not boring for a change. I felt great. I felt like this was a great day.

Then... I tried Skyping my parents, but they weren't home. I made a few calls about setting up services for this summer and came up with a bunch of answering machines or no answers at all. I hit the cut on my finger, causing it to break open, and then I got vinegar in it. OUCH! I could go on and on, but there's no point...

The reason I'm writing this is to say that I was having a great day and then a few little things got me discouraged. That's how the devil works. The devil is not happy when Christians are happy. Therefore, he'll use any means necessary to erase that happines...hence, my discouragement.

But Praise the Lord, He's still in control of my life and the minute those thoughts of discouragement set in, God reminded me of an older song by Point of Grace...Keep the Candle Burning. One of the verses says...

When you're down and you're discouraged...When the darkness clouds your view...You've got to gather up your courage...You know the Lord is gonna see you through.

That's a promise we have in the Lord. And I, for one, am so grateful of that promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment