Wednesday, April 7, 2010

March 2010

Welcome to the March 2010 Installment of the Elisabeth Chronicles.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The month has been extremely busy. We finished our third quarter at school, participated in SIPS (Sports Invitational for Private Schools), Junior Carnival, Parent Teacher Conferences, along with the normal day-to-day school routine activities.

Also, during Spring Break I had the opportunity to go to the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Conference in Kandern, Germany. I was so blessed that my school paid half of our way there, making it possible for me to go. It was so nice to get to spend time with and learn from Christian school teachers from all over Europe, Africa, and even Asia. I came away with so much valuable knowledge about teaching in a Christian school and in an international setting with such diverse groups of students. Plus, there were awesome worship and devotional times in which God taught me so much about myself and Him.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Prayer Requests for March:

• I truly believe that when God is doing a work in His children’s lives, that the devil will use any means necessary to attack them. I have never felt such a strong attack of the devil as I have this past month. Please pray for myself, and for all the Christian workers in this spiritually dark place.

• I still need to raise the rest of my AGWM budget. As of today, April 7th, I need to raise $282 more in monthly pledges and $5877 in cash donations to meet my budget requirements. I am not allowed to come back on the field as a Missionary Associate (MA) until my budget is completely raised, so please pray that this happens soon.

• I am in the process of contacting pastors, family members, and friends to raise support and/or schedule services to speak at while I’m back in the States during the summer. Please pray that everything falls into place with this.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

For those of you that already support me each month financially, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. If you do not, and would like to, please contact me at enichols85@gmail.com or call my parents at 620-886-3586 and we can tell you how to do so. Any donations you make would be tax-deductible.

Happy Easter from Senegal,

Elisabeth Nichols
enichols85@gmail.com

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Here are some pictures from the last few months...






See! I supported BAMA during the BCS Championships too! :)



In January I went to Tambacounda (8 hrs from Dakar) with 3 other A/G missionary ladies. We led a Children's and Ladies' Service at the oldest A/G church in Senegal while there.

I just love this picture of my class. I feel so blessed to get to spend time with this fabulous group of kids every day. They are awesome! :)



"Look at the grass Emily!" This is what I exclaimed to my friend when we were walking around Kandern, Germany. It's amazing how much you miss the beautiful green stuff when you don't see if for such a long time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment