Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

Today is Good Friday. So in honor of this special day, I thought I'd list a few good things going on in my life right now (in no particular order)...

  • I have a Savior who loves me so much that He sent his one and only son to die a painful death for me!
  • I'm living/working/ministering in Senegal, West Africa, where God called me to go! I just celebrated my 8 month anniversary of being in Senegal!
  • I have a family that loves and supports me!
  • I get to work with some pretty fabulous missionaries!
  • I get to spend each Monday through Friday with the most awesome group of kids EVER!
  • I have a really great group of friends that are there for me when I need them.
  • I'm getting closer and closer to finishing raising my budget to be a Missionary Associate with the Assemblies of God. ** I only need $282 more in monthly pledges and $5877 in cash donations if you'd like to support me too. :)
  • I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get good pictures for my prayer cards, since I was in Africa and didn't have the liberty of going to a professional studio and absolutely HATE having pictures taken of myself, but all those worries went away tonight. I had the most fabulous pictures taken by a really talented photographer. I've only seen the pictures on his camera so far, but I was really happy with them.
  • I just got back from an awesome conference (and vacation) in Germany. And as part of this trip, I also got to spend time in Switzerland and Portugal. Plus, the weather was cold/cool the whole time...which if you know me, you know cold weather = good in my book. :)
  • I get to see my parents in 2 months and can't wait! I love it here, but it's so good to know I'll get to see them again really soon! :)

The list could go on and on. I really have a good life. I just feel so incredibly blessed by all God's given and done for me so far and can't wait to see what else He has in store for me down the road.

Happy Easter Blog Readers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment