Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Tea Date

Amber and Erin are hosting their bi-monthly Coffee Date link-up, so I thought I'd join in on the fun. This is where you pretend you're out with a friend, getting coffee, and catching up on life.

 

But since I don't drink coffee, I'm having a Tea Break instead. So pull up a chair and grab a mug of tea and let's chat. After I listen to you chat about the comings and goings of your life, I tell you about mine. 

Want to know what's on my mind?

*one*

 

Want to hear something that'd make my Southern ancestors cringe? I really could live my life without anymore sweet tea. *gasp* 

It's shocking. I know. 

But seriously, I love iced tea, but have, in the last few months, lost the taste for the sugary sweet stuff. So I stick with unsweetened if I make any at all. I love hot tea, minus the sugar. 

I'll drink sweet tea. But honestly, it's just not my thing...  

What a bad Southerner I've become. I'm so ashamed ;)

*two*

 

I've joined the Fitbit craze. Thanks to a super awesome giftcard from a super sweet lady who said, and I quote, buy something fun for yourself that you ordinarily wouldn't buy, I got this bit of awesomeness. Now I just need to set it up. ...and start using it. Yay!! I can't wait!

*three*

 

It is what it is.

One of my co-workers in Selma used to say this all the time. It's such a great motto in life... Learn to accept what's going on and live with it. After all, it is what it is. Anywho, when I saw this little sign this summer, I bought it, with my class in mind. I think it'll be a great lesson for my kiddos (and their teacher) to remember. 

*four*

 

My oldest niece turned 4 yesterday. Where has the time gone? Shouldn't she still be a baby?! ;)

*five*

 

I'm working in my classroom this week, getting it arranged and getting everything ready for this year's 5th graders. As of now, I'll have 15 kids. Although, that number has fluctuated a bit this summer due to new enrollments, cancellations, testing results, etc. I'm so excited for this school year! I have so many big ideas and I can't wait to be able to implement them. 5th grade's going to be the place to be y'all ;)

*six*

 

Heat and humidity are no joke y'all. Oh my word... My apartment is like a sauna right now. It's crazy. My bed holds in the heat, so I moved to the couch for possibly the duration of hot season in Dakar. But honestly, the tile floor is even cooler. So if you see me hobbling around like an old person pretty soon, it's because I've been sleeping on the floor trying to cool off a bit.

Good news, though? There's A/C at the school. So my classroom will be my hideout. Well, once my classroom's A/C is fixed, that is ;) For now, the school office is my hideout.

*seven*

 

I had to pick up some veggies this morning. I bet your fruit/veggie stand doesn't look like mine ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment