Monday, August 1, 2016

Hello August

July was such a busy, whirlwind month that it made the time just fly by. I started July off in a few days of training in Missouri. I spent the 4th on the road with my mom - not your most traditional holiday plans, but fun and memorable, nonetheless. I, then, spent a couple more days hanging out with my two favorite girls (my nieces). I shopped for my return to Senegal. Oh, and I did most of my packing before heading out of town again.

My mom and I then went to Mobile, Alabama for a week, where I spoke at a supporting church. We visited a couple different sets of good family friends and some of my missions supporters too. Then I spent a few days at the annual MEGA Conference put on by the State Dept. of Ed., where I learned a lot of truly valuable tips/strategies to better help me teach my kiddos this school year.



So what am I saying Hello to this month?

*one* 


While I have definitely, thoroughly, enjoyed myself, I've just been so busy with the AG kids program and ESL testing that I haven't really had a whole lot of time to spend in prep for my 5th graders. So, starting next week, my ESL testing load should hopefully lighten a bit and I can start on that. I have so many ideas for teaching my crew. I can't wait to implement them all :)

*two*


My birthday is this coming up Saturday (the 6th). 

Yes, I accept presents. 
No, I'm not kidding.

Ok, so actually, I am kidding. I love my birthday. I always have. It's not a conceited thing. 

It's just a "I'm grateful to be alive and celebrating another birthday" thing. 

I'm sad I can't be with my own family, but I am looking forward to spending the day with friends and surrogate "family". It's going to be a fun day! I can't wait :)

*three*


School starts in a few weeks. I'm so ready. Ok, well, let me rephrase. I'm so ready to see my kids again. But I'm not ready for school to start back, per se. I still have far too much to do at this point. But come August 17th... I'll be ready :)

*four*


Prepping for Kids Club... I bought an awesome curriculum to use in Kids Club this year (and maybe next year too, if I plan it right). I have been using one of the books with my AG kids the past 2 weeks and it's going great. I am so impressed with this series. I look forward to seeing our kids grow more and more as we learn about our Heavenly Father and all He has for us to learn. 

*five*

\
I love learning. I really do. I would totally be a professional student if I could. But alas, that costs far more money than I make :) At any rate, I plan to be doing quite a bit of studying/learning in my "free" time. I'm still working on my last 6 Berean/Global University classes for my Ordination with the Assemblies of God. I'm doing a bit of studying/reading on certain disabilities and unique qualities I'll be presented with this school year. I'm going to be working through an ASL book/dvd, learning more of that beautiful language. And of course, as always, I'll be studying the Word and making growing more and more in my Savior a high priority. 

Learning/Studying is fun for me. I'm a rare breed in that sense, I suppose :)

No comments:

Post a Comment