Wednesday, December 14, 2016

A Happy Birthday Jesus Party

Kids Club is one of my most favorite parts of my week each week.

I love getting the chance to pour into the lives of our youngest students, sharing the love and truth of our Savior. We meet once a week and share a lesson, songs, crafts, and games with our elementary students, reminding them that they are each loved and valued by all of us workers and more importantly, by our Heavenly Father. I love it!

When I restarted Kids Club 5 years ago, I was the only adult volunteer. I had lots of great Middle and High School Helpers that year. But it was tough being the only "grown-up." Then the next year I was joined by the wife of one of our teachers and occasionally by other teachers as well. It was such a nice change having good, adult help. Well, this year I've been blessed to have the group of ladies in the picture below helping each week. I joke that we're sometimes stepping over each other. But it's so nice having such a big group there each week, sacrificing of their own time and energy to love on our kids.

Displaying IMG_20161214_165414.jpg

And I'd be crazy to not mention the MS/HS helpers we have had each week. Even though I didn't get any pictures of them today, I can assure you they worked their tails off. These kids have been such a blessing to all of us adult volunteers. I can't imagine having to do Kids Club each and every week without them. We truly are blessed by each of them (the ones pictured below AND all the ones I don't have pictures of as well)!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and table

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting, shoes, child, tree and outdoor

So, now for the reason for this post...

Today we had our annual Kids Club Christmas Party. But instead of the traditional Christmas-y type party, we threw a Happy Birthday Jesus Party. The kids LOVED it!

We had cake, courtesy of one of our amazingly talented adult volunteers...

Image may contain: 3 people, people sitting, child and shoes

We watched a movie that explained the REAL meaning of Christmas and we got to eat yummy snacks while we watched it.

Image may contain: 4 people, people eating, people sitting, child, table and food

We got to wear fun birthday hats :)

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, hat and indoor

And the best part of all was that we got to hear all about the true meaning of Christmas - celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Image may contain: one or more people

All in all, I'd say it was a wonderful party. The kids were happy and the adults were too. The kids learned something valuable. So I left with a smile on my face :)

And now to end this post, I'll simply say...

Happy Early Birthday Jesus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment