Wednesday, December 21, 2016

What's Up December

Today I'm linking up with MelShay, and Sheaffer for December's What's Up Wednesday post. Normally, we wait 'til the last Wednesday of the month, but with Christmas and New Years happening and most people's lives getting super crazy, the hosts thought doing it a week early might be a better idea. So here we go...

 


Every month we answer the same few questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...

 

What am I eating this week?

I've been trying to eat a lot of fill-ya-up and keep-ya-warm foods. Soups, chili, etc. Y'all it's cold here. I mean, don't get me wrong... I am definitely happy to not be pouring sweat for a change. But still... it's cold. 




What am I reminiscing about?

Memories of Christmases past... I so miss my Dad. The holidays seem to magnify that too.




What am I loving?

I'm loving spending time with the girls who call me Zizzie :)




What have I been up to?

I've been writing out shopping lists, comparing prices, and getting ready to start purchasing supplies for the class I'll be teaching next year. This class, for students with disabilities which prevent them from functioning 100% of the time in a "regular" classroom, is one of the only ones in all of West Africa. And since we're starting it from scratch, so to speak, I have literally no supplies, technology, and equipment. So I've been working to raise the support needed to furnish this classroom with all my kids will need to succeed educationally. Want to 
help with this? Click HERE and see how you can donate today.

What am I dreading?

Saying goodbye to family 2 weeks from today... I am so grateful for the calling God has placed on my life. I truly 100% love what I do. But goodbyes never get any easier...

What am I working on?

Raising awareness for the class I'll be teaching next year... 



What am I excited about?

Spending Christmas Break with my family :)








 

What am I watching?

My mom and I are planning to go watch Jackie this weekend. 





What am I reading?

I'm currently re-reading Dehydrated by Karen Schatzline. I read it earlier this year, but decided to bring it and reread it on the plane on my trip to the U.S. ...such a great book!




What am I listening to?

Christmas music, of course :)





What am I wearing?

I am FREEZING. I'm wearing lots of layers, hoodies, fuzzy socks, scarves, you name it... :)

What am I doing this weekend?


It's Christmas! My mom and I are going to have a low key weekend. We're planning to go see a movie and grab dinner at some point. Then we'll just have a quiet Christmas at home. We're not doing Christmas gifts/meal with my brother until some time next week. So we're both actually looking for a quiet few days at home after being on the go since I returned...

What am I looking forward to next month?

While it is super sad to have to say goodbye to my family again, I am happy to be getting back to Dakar and working with my 5th graders again. I'm really blessed with such a great class. And I have some new fun tricks up my sleeve for our 2nd semester.



What else is new?

Not a whole lot :)


And then each month, there is a special question for the month.

This month's question is...


What's your favorite memory from 2016 this far?


I have a lot of good 2016 memories. But I honestly think my most favorite memory is of the "Super Secret Special Chapel Service" my 4th graders did this past April. I will never forget the feeling of love and pride I felt watching these kids as they came up with the idea, as they learned everything in ASL, as they gave up "fun" times to practice, and then as they put on this special chapel service. They showed the love of Jesus and I could not have been more proud of them. What a sweet memory this is!




No comments:

Post a Comment