Thursday, December 1, 2016

25 Days of Christmas Giving


As a girl, I loved making my Christmas Wish List. I'd pour over catalogs full of toys. I'd watch commercials with my pencil and paper in hand. I'd make sure I had my list ready when my Mom and Dad came looking for it. I knew all of the things I wanted...

Now I'm all grown up. 

My Christmas Wish List has changed. I want what most humans want... I want love and health and happiness. I want time with family and friends. I want success in my career. I want those I love to be happy and healthy. I want the blessings of God in everything I do.

And now, I have something else to add to my list.

My biggest wish at the moment is to fully fund the ministry God had called me to. 

Not sure what that is? 

You can check out the post I wrote earlier this week with all sorts of info in it HERE or you can read the more condensed, but still informative, version below :)

It all started with Proverbs 31:8 which says, "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves." God chose that verse to pave the way for making my dream of a new Special Education class at my school a reality.  

This coming up school year, I will begin serving students who have been diagnosed with academic, physical, and/or behavioral disabilities that prevent them from successfully functioning in a typical general education classroom 100% of the school day. I am so incredibly excited to see how God works through this classroom. DA is here to provide a quality, Christian education to the children of missionaries, and others too as space allows. We are able to teach the gospel and show the love of Jesus to so many students, many of whom would have never heard about Him otherwise.

But I need help. 

Because I am starting this class completely from scratch, I need help financially (and through prayers too, of course) to raise what's needed to supply this class with the supplies/equipment desperately needed to make it the best it can be. I've calculated my Classroom Wish List and the total cost has come to around $5000 to $6000. This would allow me to purchase typical classroom supplies (paper, pencils, etc.), but also allow me to purchase some much needed technology (laptop, ipad, printer), two fairly expensive software programs (much needed to help students with speech/communication needs), adaptive music/art/PE supplies (in case my students aren't able to attend those classes with their "typical" peers), storage pieces (a locking filing cabinet for IEPs/confidential documents), shelving units, trays/buckets/baskets, etc.), flexible seating, manipulatives for math, a classroom library with books at various levels, items for teaching social/life skills, licenses for various necessary Special Education testing, and so much more.

My goal is to raise the bulk of this amount, if not all, by Christmas Day.


Would you prayerfully consider helping me complete my Christmas Wish List?

There are many ways you can give to help this

For a tax-deductible donation to my AGWM account, either click HERE and make a one-time donation, using your credit/debit card or you can send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com and I'll get you the form to send in with a check to  AGWM 

To give a Walmart, Target, Dollar Tree, Parent Teacher Store, etc. gift card, send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com and I'll send you my U.S. address so you can mail those to me there, where I can use them to purchase supplies when I'm back in December.

To purchase supplies/equipment, instead of money, to send to me, either here in Senegal, or to my address in the U.S. for me to pick up when I'm there in December, send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com and I'll get you the appropriate mailing address. 

To receive a Wish List of supplies and equipment I'll need, send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com and I'll send that to you today.

And as always, one of the biggest ways you can support this ministry and me is through praying. Pray for God to clearly guide me in planning for this class. Pray for the parents/students who will be served by this class. Pray for wisdom as the administration, parents, and I make decisions regarding placement, etc. for the students. Pray for necessary funds to arrive and for me to be a wise steward of those funds. And pray for every single little tiny detail to fall into place as God would have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment