Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Hot Chocolate

Today I'm joining Erin and a whole lot of other bloggers for her bi-monthly Coffee Date link up, where we pretend like we are on a coffee date with a friend and then we share all of the things we would be talking about. 

But since this is my blog and I can do what I want, I'm scratching out coffee and replacing it with hot chocolate. Why? 1) Coffee's gross. 2) Hot Chocolate is amazing. 3) It's almost Christmas, which means it's cooler outside and it's perfect for hot chocolate :)

Image result for hot chocolate meme

So if we were on a coffee hot chocolate date, I'd fill you in on life in my world lately...

*one* 

Image result for book if you give a mouse a cookie

I've never been one to track how many views a blog post gets. But this one has already gotten 600 views. That's crazy to me! :) And at the same time, it makes me super excited that people are learning more about the dream God put on my heart way back when. ...the dream to reach a group of kids who society typically casts aside. I'm so excited to see how God has caused so many details to already fall into place. And I definitely am looking forward to starting this class next year and seeing how God's going to work in the lives of the kids and families I'll serve (and my life as well). It's exciting! :)

*two* 


I'd tell you that it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in my classroom. I love Christmas decorations! It just makes me smile to see all the colors and lights and fun stuff. And it helps that I have a very creative class this year who have helped me decorate :)

*three*

Displaying IMG_0645.JPG

Speaking of Christmas, I'd show you the picture above and tell you the story about the child who drew it. I'd tell you how he loves talking about "the baby Jesus and Christmas" and how his eyes light up when we sing Christmas carols. I'd tell you about how I pray for this little guy and his family - that they'd see what Christmas is all about.

*four* 


I guess I'd probably keep with the Christmas theme and I'd tell you how we're having our Kids Club Christmas party tomorrow. We're going with a Happy Birthday Jesus theme and I'm so excited about it! We're having a birthday cake, complete with candles. We're having some other yummy snacks and juice. We're watching a movie that tells why we celebrate Christmas in the first place. We're having a time of fellowship with eating, laughing, and chatting together. And I'm sure we'll throw in a few Christmas carols as well. 

*five*

Displaying IMG_0510.JPG

I get to see my favorite 5 people this weekend! I can't wait!

*six*



There are 14 days left in my 25 Days of Christmas Giving Project. I'm hoping to raise at least $5000-$6000 to help me furnish my classroom next year with the supplies and equipment needed to help my students achieve maximum success. I'm so close to having this full amound raised. Would you prayerfully consider partnering with me to help me reach my goal. Help me help these amazing kids get the classroom they deserve!

There are many different ways you can give...

For a tax-deductible donation to my AGWM account, either click HERE and make a one-time donation, using your credit/debit card or you can send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com and I'll get you the form to send in with a check to  AGWM 

To give a Walmart, Target, Dollar Tree, Parent Teacher Store, etc. gift card, send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com and I'll send you my U.S. address so you can mail those to me there, where I can use them to purchase supplies when I'm back in December.

To purchase supplies/equipment, instead of money, to send to me, either here in Senegal, or to my address in the U.S. for me to pick up when I'm there in December, send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com and I'll get you the appropriate mailing address. 


To receive a Wish List of supplies and equipment I'll need, send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com and I'll send that to you today.

2 comments:

  1. Elisabeth, one of my favorite things about these coffee dates is how they bring out our individuality. You drink hot chocolate, Leah drinks tea, someone else drinks coffee. And all of our posts look so different!

    So excited about your growing blog and the vision that God has given you. This world NEEDS it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin - It's been fun reading through so many people's posts. And I agree with you. I love how we each may hit similar points, but we still let our individuality shine!

      Delete